Lightning Tendrils

"
Felix35071 wrote:
"
symban wrote:
"
Pwnther wrote:
Does Reduced duration support work on tendrils?
In that case, will the four cast happen faster or will it cast less times per channel?

Anyone tested?

It wont. Skill does not have Duration tag in its title.

This is, in my opinion, the only thing that needs to be added to LT. It NEEDS the Duration tag, badly. It's a channel 100%, so Duration is a must. In addition, because it is a channel, you should be able to rotate your character while casting.
I'd also like clarification on exactly how it deals damage, because there appear to be two layers to the cast. The overall aoe and the actual tendrils that curl through it. Is damage dealt everywhere in the larger aoe or do the tendrils have to come into contact to deal damage?

Edit: The difference being, if the tendrils are irrelevant it's safer, if the tendrils are the source of damage then getting closer to a target has the potential to shotgun an enemy with all of the tendrils simultaneously. It's a large difference, playstyle-wise.

It isn't really a channel. Just tapping it once creates four bursts of lightning damage in the cone over 0.8 seconds of animation. It's only a channel insofar as every spell or attack is a channel because it has an animation time. The animation time just isn't as frontloaded as most spells.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Oct 23, 2014, 8:33:25 PM
Its a spell...and its range of attack is melee...This gem need some buff imo.

Either
-Increase the attack range

or
-Buff the damage

Will do more test later on the weekend but overall I dont see I have much use of it...
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)
"
Exorcist901 wrote:

Either

or
-Buff the damage

Will do more test later on the weekend but overall I dont see I have much use of it...

With 2 of the AoE circles and and Inc AoE gem it was reaching 3/4 of the way to the edge of the screen and considering it has a 160 degree cone i dont understand what people are complaining about.
"
Bikalo wrote:
"
Exorcist901 wrote:

Either

or
-Buff the damage

With 2 of the AoE circles and and Inc AoE gem it was reaching 3/4 of the way to the edge of the screen and considering it has a 160 degree cone i dont understand what people are complaining about.
As I am still new here, can you tell me how to use it correctly? 2 AoE circles? what are they?
"
Exorcist901 wrote:
"
Bikalo wrote:
"
Exorcist901 wrote:

Either

or
-Buff the damage

As I am still new here, can you tell me how to use it correctly? 2 AoE circles? what are they?

Passive node circles that give Area of Effect increase. There is one in the beginning of the Witch passive tree part and one at the beginning of the Templar.
Last edited by Bikalo on Oct 24, 2014, 6:42:04 AM
"
Bikalo wrote:

Passive node circles that give Area of Effect increase. There is one in the beginning of the Witch passive tree part and one at the beginning of the Templar.
Cant test it then...as my scion need 6 more points to cover them...which I have a better use with those 6 points.

Maybe I can test it when i make a new witch character...
Last edited by Exorcist901 on Oct 24, 2014, 6:44:27 AM
This new skill is absolutely amazing to level with. I am atm around lvl 25 with just the average spell damage / lightning damage / es / life nodes from the witch starting area, it does so much more damage at lvl 7 then my lvl 3 arc. From that point of view it is an amazing skill.

Not sure how it will scale with higher levels. And I am absolutely interested to get the AOE added to it. I can see this be a very potent skill, just not sure if it can compete with the top skills (but also don't know if it should, since it is one of the three starting gems).
"
Exorcist901 wrote:
"
Bikalo wrote:

Cant test it then...as my scion need 6 more points to cover them...which I have a better use with those 6 points.

Maybe I can test it when i make a new witch character...

If you want to use Tendrills or almost any other Pure AoE spell for that matter those points are top priority.
Hi everybody!

I use LT with concentrated effect. For 23K dps, it seems to be less powerfull than my Arc with 12K Dps (have to add Lighting Pen. to this calcul, but don't know how much more it makes...)

I use LT for Rare Mobs and boss when they come close to me.

I observe that it does extra minimal DPS for many seconds and crit furiously sometimes. Ok i'm only 30% cC for 455% CSM, but that makes this skill very unpredictable...
Peace & respect to Exile that follow the teaching of Karui.Who don't, is still considered as Exile.As i am.Since we listen & understand what each other have to say, we possibly can fight together.Dont let our sins rules who we are to favor Evil in it many forms.Breach,Abyss,Harbinger & what's next?
Last edited by Arnutifluk on Nov 20, 2014, 7:08:38 AM
"
Arnutifluk wrote:
Hi everybody!

I use LT with concentrated effect. For 23K dps, it seems to be less powerfull than my Arc with 12K Dps (have to add Lighting Pen. to this calcul, but don't know how much more it makes...)

I use LT for Rare Mobs and boss when they come close to me.

I observe that it does extra minimal DPS for many seconds and crit furiously sometimes. Ok i'm only 30% cC for 455% CSM, but that makes this skill very unpredictable...

"Lightning is released from your hands four times in quick succession."
What seems like 4 casts is actually 1 cast. So you either crit 4 times in a row or you don't. That's why it may seem like you either crit a lot or not at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info