Goodbye PoE, I quit!

What exactly is it about CivV that people don't like?

Granted, I haven't gotten around to playing it yet (I'm usually like 5 years behind on these thing ;D probably will be a little further behind on CivV) but I've sat with a friend for drinks one night while he played and nothing struck me as "terrible." I'm quite excited about the new directions taken, on the surface anyways; I'm a sucker for all things hex-map.

Were there too many simplifications or something? Because I mean, it's not like Civ has ever been well known for its strategic complexity among 4x games; it's success has always been in its presentation and fluff, and the great lengths Firaxis goes through to breathe "life" into the decisions you make. Or did they bollix something in the fundamentals? Because I'd find that hard to believe (and even if they did it's not like a mod couldn't fix it).
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
Civ be? The fuck is that?

"

Last Visited:
23 October 2014

Total Forum Posts:
11 (11 posts per day)

Who the fuck are you?
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
like always the dark side of the internet is faster thx to yaaaaarghhhhh site iam playing it right now ahh no more browser refreshing for a voidbattery (btw aweome idea to make uniques so rare there are none in a league thumbs up)
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
ahcos wrote:
Civ5 was imo the biggest disappointment in games in the last 10 years (yes, including D3, which was fun while it lasted).

Nothing compares to Hellgate: London :(

I think I have the CE box in my attic...

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
FadeXF wrote:
Not really sure what happened to that whole genre. The last greatest in the genre was Master of Orion 2.

GalCiv 2? Came out a whole decade after MoO2, the last MoO ever made, and a few years after AoW2 (IR re: the comment about "the last"). I heard Endless Space was pretty good with a lot of room to improve, and I was pretty fond of Imperium Galactica 2. Also SoSE, while real-time, fucking rocked.

There were a handful of recently released 4x (last few years) that I can't remember the titles of but looked fairly promising.

Nothing "happened" to the genre ^-^ besides nostalgia. Seemed to have hit a lull for a while but may be recently undergoing a revitalization?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
DEBBIE DOWNERS GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 HOUR 10 MINS LEFT!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMOGMOGMOGMOGBMHGODMGH P;WRMNTP G
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
ventiman wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
There hasn't been much done to improve on Civ. I picked up a few of the newer editions and not one had anything significant better than the original.

think adding tourism and religion was a good addition my all time favorite will be the unoffical civ call to power underwater cities orbital stations and believable future technology

this.
45 MINS LEFT!

- PoE TOS.
Why Mods? Why?
25 MINS!

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info