Goodbye PoE, I quit!

that game's ded. you'll be back
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
bhavv wrote:
I'm quitting PoE.

The quit is only temporary, but may last a while.

If it isnt permanent then it isnt quitting, its called taking a break.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
ahcos wrote:
Civ5 was imo the biggest disappointment in games in the last 10 years (yes, including D3, which was fun while it lasted). Civ4 was the best part of the series. Both these statements have been proven to be correct by scientists.

Hope you have fun.

Not even close. Duke Nukem. Dungeon Siege III. X:Rebirth.

X:Stillbirth made me cry, sooo disappointing
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
"
zachatta wrote:
I enjoyed Civ 4 more than 5, but still played Civ 5 because........it is....Civ.....

Anyways, civ 2 > all

me too but ive still been playing civ 5 with my buddy for the last few years (the expacs helped a lot) . civ 4 was awesome but the stacks of doom were a little silly.

can't wait for BE.
IGN- Shaeyaena
Call to power still gets occasional play time from me.
I still have a civ 4 and 5 in my steam account never installed them. I just buy games when hot deals come up think they were $5 a piece. Think I'm still in school or something where I actually have time to play.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 23, 2014, 2:02:07 AM
i can haz ur stuf ?
IGNs -> MaitresseRemi/Mamie_Machette/MainDroiteMainGauche
Civ II Test of Time was imo the best Civ.
But my gf loved Civ III to bits, shame about the hard coded 512 city limit.
Civ IV was also great, but only modded. The vanilla Civ IV was only OK. With the right mod, though, Civ IV was the greatest. I loved Total Realism (later renamed Realism Invictus), Rise of Mankind (+ a new dawn) and Fall from Heaven II (total conversion mod - really great).

While stacks of doom could be a bit annoying, some mods had their own way of handling them. Realism Invictus for example put "promotions" on units when they were in large stack that weakened them or caused them to take more collateral damage and so on.

Civ V didn't really interest me. I bought it when it was down at 10€, played it twice or so. So not holding my breath for Civ BE. I might buy it just because of the native linux client, not because it is a great game.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Goodbye POE! I'm going to the bathroom. Be back in a minute.
"
ahcos wrote:
Man, i was so hyped like you wouldn't believe, and then, right after i realized how badly Firaxis screwed up, my disappointment was endless.

Worst thing is that there are still people actually saying that it's the best part of the series. Feels like those persons only exist to make me mad.

why is Civ5 so bad for you?

i think with the addons "Gods & Kings" and "Brave New World" that Civ5 is a worthy successor of Civ4 (which also needed some polishing through the addons to become great)
the only major thing that still bothers me is the buggy multiplayer mode in Civ5
but the developer promised that they put alot of effort into the Beyond Earth multiplayer mode

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info