What things REALLY mean in POE

Enlighten a newbie on what some things in game REALLY mean. I'll go first.

When a strongbox says "at least three rare items" that means there is 3 rare items in it.
I'll give it a shot.

When a strongbox says "+[1000-2000]% increased rarity of items", it means that four white items will drop out of it.
Last edited by HoosTrax on Oct 22, 2014, 3:13:20 PM

"Adds either Thorns or Light Radius to a rare item of your choice."
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Last edited by JakeAlmighty on Oct 22, 2014, 3:25:08 PM

cycles through the same four color patterns ending back on the one you had at the start.
theory-shadow: http://tinyurl.com/l3nu76x | puncture
Every monster affix that starts with "Allies..." means "Allies and This Monster..."
accept for "Allies Cannot Die" ... that one actually only applies to "Allies".

And "Allies" just means "Nearby Monsters".

The Nemesis Mod "Bringer of Fragility" is almost the same thing as the "Vulnerability on Hit" monster modifier, but maybe it has a 100% chance to apply Vulnerability, whereas "Vulnerability on Hit" does not.

Edit: Thx for the clarification, Mark. I knew I was posting above my pay grade ;)
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
Last edited by Perfect_Black on Oct 25, 2014, 5:07:23 PM
"
mokaiba wrote:

cycles through the same four color patterns ending back on the one that's totally useless.

Fixed.
Stormcalling 24/7.
All the orbs that say random are a lie. Math decides all and adding T1 is some shit math....like <.01%.

Better know your maths..best just save up and buy what u want in channel/poexyz.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 22, 2014, 7:33:10 PM
"
Perfect_Black wrote:
Every monster affix that starts with "Allies..." means "Allies and This Monster..."
accept for "Allies Cannot Die" ... that one actually only applies to "Allies".
Allies means all things on the same team. Things on different teams are enemies. A monster by definition is it's own ally - it's on the same team as itself.
The cannot die one explicitly says "Other allies cannot die" to indicate it doesn't include itself.

Bringer of Fragility is indeed a 100% chance to apply Vulnerability on hit. The curse will be level 1. Similarly Bringer of Weakness applies Enfeeble, and Chronophage applies Temporal Chains.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 23, 2014, 12:24:26 AM
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

"Adds either Thorns or Light Radius to a rare item of your choice."

I usually get +1 Energy Shield when I use those.
when GGG says fixed in a patch note, 7/10 times it means nerfed or removed...

RIP ARCHIVES <3
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info