Torture chamber, Labrynth, Jungle Valley, Necropolis... Whats the point?

Whats the point with this shit maps are they supposed to give better rewards? than any other lvl 72 map?

Plateau, Bazaar, Shipyard, George and many others have too damn easy bosses so i want to know whats the point in doing the hard ones do they reward the effot/risk or are they just to troll since i've made all these maps specially the necropolis where the boss has like 10x the hp of a normal boss 2 stages and when it died it droped like 2 yellows and some blues but deficient drop overall i found they to drop just like any other boss with the exeption of jungle valley it seens to reward the efford since it has some rares on the room.

I don't complain about the game being hard i really like it but why are these boses so hard they even buffed some of these retarded bosees like in the case of torture chamber removing the door while the other maps stay unchanged while are too damn easy any one knows?
Rng is what it is. Those bosses are there so people who want to test themselves or their builds have somewhere to do it. There is no law against skipping them, and no better thrill then when you beat them when you thought you were going to get ripped.

Just my opinion.
What is the point in carrying quarters? They are too heavy in my pocket compared to bills.
<3 Free Tibet <3
I think the problem is assuming that every map should feel equally hard/easy to every build, which is not the case.

You named Torture Chamber and Labyrinth, which are not terribly difficult and very easy, respectively, on a 75/75 block build. Whereas I could scream "nerf Tunneltrap!!!" because he causes me so much angst on my block witch, yet he's extremely easy on my ranger.

My general way to go about the maps is to not complain that they're too difficult for a certain build, and just do maps on a build that suits them.
Last edited by HoosTrax on Oct 22, 2014, 2:59:52 PM
"
HoosTrax wrote:
I think the problem is assuming that every map should feel equally hard/easy to every build, which is not the case.

You named Torture Chamber and Labyrinth, which are not terribly difficult and very easy, respectively, on a 75/75 block build. Whereas I could scream "nerf Tunneltrap!!!" because he causes me so much angst on my block witch, yet he's extremely easy on my ranger.

My general way to go about the maps is to not complain that they're too difficult for a certain build, and just do maps on a build that suits them.

I went into the mine on my cyclone duelist.....man what a huge mistake. he got hung up on every rock and obstacle in the place. Definatly a no no for him. I finished it with my RF guy.
i think it could be the case may be for certain builds they are easy, im planing to start a new character based on block/Spell block i think these mechanics are retarded.
"
Xtorma_Xtorma wrote:
"
HoosTrax wrote:

I went into the mine on my cyclone duelist.....man what a huge mistake. he got hung up on every rock and obstacle in the place. Definatly a no no for him. I finished it with my RF guy.

Ah, that's another good point actually -- certain maps have layouts that are favorable to certain builds. Indoor maps with doorways I kind of prefer when playing a totem or minion build, as you can block off rooms and keep mobs from closing to melee range. For cyclone builds, I prefer non-mazy maps, like Strand, Tropical Island, Mountain Ledge, etc, and I find that they're perfectly suited to Lunaris 3 farming runs.

Mine (and Labyrinth / Imperial Gardens) on a cyclone build sounds like a nightmare :\
Last edited by HoosTrax on Oct 22, 2014, 3:09:22 PM
Bro labirynth - best map

So time efficient, good drops , friendly mosters.

I still wait for unique map labirynth based.
IGN : Sir_Big
"
Alphadan wrote:
Whats the point with this shit maps are they supposed to give better rewards? than any other lvl 72 map?

Plateau, Bazaar, Shipyard, George and many others have too damn easy bosses so i want to know whats the point in doing the hard ones do they reward the effot/risk or are they just to troll since i've made all these maps specially the necropolis where the boss has like 10x the hp of a normal boss 2 stages and when it died it droped like 2 yellows and some blues but deficient drop overall i found they to drop just like any other boss with the exeption of jungle valley it seens to reward the efford since it has some rares on the room.

I don't complain about the game being hard i really like it but why are these boses so hard they even buffed some of these retarded bosees like in the case of torture chamber removing the door while the other maps stay unchanged while are too damn easy any one knows?

Risk vs Reward is definitly off. These kind of map bosses need their IIR, IIQ and exp boosted by quite a bit.

"
HoosTrax wrote:
You named Torture Chamber and Labyrinth, which are not terribly difficult and very easy, respectively, on a 75/75 block build.

Might have to do with the fact that these builds trivialize any content out there.
Last edited by Axarion on Oct 22, 2014, 3:16:10 PM
Torture chamber is piss easy on all builds once you know the fight.

Jungle valley = same story.

Labyrinth same...

Really all these map bosses just require you to adjust your set-up accordingly.

Vs torture boss, dual topaz flask and know the fight, bait the laser, hide behind a pillar to stop it and then bash the boss and repeat.

Vs jungle and labyrinth use this,

+ chaos resistance potion.

Trivializes the entire encounter.

Necropolis is the same story really. Use kaltenhalt if you are using a shield (+5 max cold resis) run purity of ice and get 2x saphire flask's before you enter the boss room.

All the fights you mentioned except for labyrinth have add's spawning to facilitate potion utility, so use it. And labyrinth sort of spawns devourer's aldo i would not suggest killing them.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : typo.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Oct 22, 2014, 3:43:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info