So I just did Elron Mission in Palace (78) map with 35k+ Dual Strike....

"
Punica1980 wrote:
OT: I have done several totemkillings with Elreon (although never thát high) and honestly never had any issues. As with most 'this master/quest is too hard' topic I really think it is all build related.

I know there are some missions that are hard or just not doable. Killing elreon totems is not one of them imo. I accept that i can fail some. And tbh, i do 16 dailies per day plus several masters i find in maps, each day. If i fail one, so be it. And if you fail 1 elreon in a 78 where you need to kill totems, you should accept that. it's not that you have this every time.

Well it's clearly build related because these missions when the totems spawn with extra life and regen type of mods you're either doing a crit build with 100k+ DPS or you go home. To be honest I'm fairly certain that GGG did not intend for a 96 Marauder wearing mirror worthy gear to be unable to kill these totems within the time limit. It's probably an oversight and these mods are just way overtuned and/or should be removed from the totems all together. I mean if I can kill Shrine piety within 15 seconds I should probably be able to kill a single totem from these missions in under 30? You know... balance.

Only reason I made this post was because it happened two times in a row for me, first time I just shrugged it off to some random factor but that is clearly not the case. It's badly designed and I'm sure GGG will fix it.
Should've used a Level 20 Double Strike. :)
My Static Strike Marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211370
Our Map Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977/page/1

Avoid: BKR, apinkpwny
"
AveiMil wrote:

Well it's clearly build related because these missions when the totems spawn with extra life and regen type of mods you're either doing a crit build with 100k+ DPS or you go home. To be honest I'm fairly certain that GGG did not intend for a 96 Marauder wearing mirror worthy gear to be unable to kill these totems within the time limit. It's probably an oversight ......

There was a time when I was thinking exactly the same but I learned my lesson well. There are no such things as oversights in POE everything works as intended. GGG just loves to create frustration!

"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
"
Slamdancer wrote:
Should've used a Level 20 Double Strike. :)

I keep rippin those level 20 Dual Strikes in hope of getting a 21.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info