Stunlock Elemental Melee Marauder

Items/Skills:

Legacy BoR - GRRR - Dual Strike, Melee Splash, Multistrike, Added Fire Damage

Atziri's Acuity - RRGB - Hatred, Herald of Ash, Herald of Thunder, Reduced Mana

Doryani's Catalyst - RBB - 7/20 Shock Nova, 20/20 Added Light Dmg, 1/20 Cast When Damage Taken

Doryani's Catalyst - RRG - 7/20 Molten Shell, 3/20 Immortal Call, 1/20 CWDT

Rare Boots - RRRG - 5/20 Enduring Cry, 5/20 Blood Rage, 5/20 Warlord's Mark, 1/20 CWDT
- Armor %, Life, Movement Speed, Cold Resist, Light Resist, Fire Resist

Physical Damage Doryani's Invitation

2 x Rare Diamond Rings - Elreon's Mod, Phys Damage, WED, Accuracy, All Resist, Chaos Resist

The Anvil - Corrupted 4% Block

Passive Skill Tree:
Last edited by Leaman on Oct 23, 2014, 4:15:48 AM
How exactly are you planning to use Cleave with Maces? ;)

And: cut your skilltree down, you'll not get to spend 120 points.

And: I doubt you can use those auras and still sustain your mana for the main attack.

And: do you even have these items? If not... good luck. o0
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
How exactly are you planning to use Cleave with Maces? ;)

And: cut your skilltree down, you'll not get to spend 120 points.

And: I doubt you can use those auras and still sustain your mana for the main attack.

And: do you even have these items? If not... good luck. o0

Ah yes that was quite stupid of me I did not realise cleave couldn't be used with maces lol.

To account for this, I will be switching the build to dual strike linked with melee splash.

Elreon's mod on your rings will keep your mana cost of your spells quite low, as well as the 30% reduction in skill cost from passives I picked up. Also BoR helps alot to bring down mana cost as you do not pay additional cost for the added skill gem bonuses.

As for the items, yes I have all other then the atziri's which is obviously the most expensive, for now I'm just using some rare gloves with Phys Damage, Life, Life Leach, Attack Speed, Int, Chaos Resist

Last edited by Leaman on Oct 23, 2014, 4:21:48 AM
Up!
I don't think you really need those Elreon's rings to keep up a normal attack.
They have a bad itemlevel and are hard to craft.

I'd also put Herald of Ash in one of the Doryani's, as it benefits a lot from Elemental Proliferation.
Something like: Herald of Ash, Reduced Mana, Increased Burning Damage (+Prolif).

You don't have Immortal Call. You'll need Immortal Call.

I don't like "the Anvil". I would take Lazhwar or a nice rare amulet.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
I don't think you really need those Elreon's rings to keep up a normal attack.
They have a bad itemlevel and are hard to craft.

I'd also put Herald of Ash in one of the Doryani's, as it benefits a lot from Elemental Proliferation.
Something like: Herald of Ash, Reduced Mana, Increased Burning Damage (+Prolif).

You don't have Immortal Call. You'll need Immortal Call.

I don't like "the Anvil". I would take Lazhwar or a nice rare amulet.

Good call with the Immortal Call, I swapped that into one of my Doryani's.

Herald of ash is AOE however, so I do not see how that would benefit from ele prolif as it hits all surrounding enemies anyway.. I am a bit tight for gem slots without a chestpiece so I have to work with what I have available.

The Elreon's rings are not necessary, but you can craft some decent ones with elreon's crafting bench if you just regal your first mod which is quite easy to do. The ilvl of the ring is dependent on the level of your master I am quite sure, as my ilvls of my rings seem to continue rising as I do my dailies.

Without Anvil my block is not really high enough to justify using a Lazhwar, a nice rare ammy with phys damage, WED, crit and crit multi would add alot of damage but at the cost of survivability.
Last edited by Leaman on Oct 23, 2014, 4:28:29 AM
"
Leaman wrote:

Herald of ash is AOE however, so I do not see how that would benefit from ele prolif as it hits all surrounding enemies anyway.. I am a bit tight for gem slots without a chestpiece so I have to work with what I have available.

HoA is a super small AoE that sometimes ignites 1-2 monsters...
But with Ele prolif: ignite the whole screen and watch them burn.

Elemental Proliferation makes all the difference. Once you have it on HoA, you actually don't even need Melee Splash anymore, it's that crazy.
Just try it out some day, it's so wonderful.

Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 23, 2014, 5:00:45 AM
"
Leaman wrote:
Also BoR helps alot to bring down mana cost as you do not pay additional cost for the added skill gem bonuses.

Since when?
U HAVE to pay mana for support gems be it real gem or item property.

Just go and check with smth like Wideswing or Thousand Ribbons.
Last edited by dubadam on Oct 23, 2014, 5:26:16 AM
"
dubadam wrote:
"
Leaman wrote:
Also BoR helps alot to bring down mana cost as you do not pay additional cost for the added skill gem bonuses.

Since when?
U HAVE to pay mana for support gems be it real gem or item property.

Just go and check with smth like Wideswing or Thousand Ribbons.

Hmm my bad, I did not notice this. Either way with passives and rings your costs are minimal.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Leaman wrote:

HoA is a super small AoE that sometimes ignites 1-2 monsters...
But with Ele prolif: ignite the whole screen and watch them burn.

Elemental Proliferation makes all the difference. Once you have it on HoA, you actually don't even need Melee Splash anymore, it's that crazy.
Just try it out some day, it's so wonderful.

Hmm this sounds quite sexy, I will try it out :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info