Elemental Ranger question

just have a question for anybody who has played an elemental bow ranger. how well does it work, and where do you usually get your defenses?

right now im leveling up to spec a physical crit puncture build, but on the way i got a decent crit elemental bow which i've been using for awhile, and it works extremely well in the 50s anyway. because of this experienced i kind of planned out a build, but im not sure exactly the best route.

windripper is an obvious choice, but im not sure its the best one, but lets just assume that as a weapon right off the hop. so i would probably run a 6L split arrow curse on hit with GMP, projectile weakness (for pierce effect), assassin's mark (more crit/power charges), and elemental weakness for obvious reasons. yes - i'll be set up to use 3 curses.
the main attack i would plan as split arrow, added cold dmg, added lightning dmg, inc crit dmg, WED and probably faster attacks.
i wouldn't need to run LMP or GMP because of course split arrow (which is why chose it), and i don't need to run pierce/chain/fork because of the projectile weakness curse plus pierce passive node which will give everything 100% pierce. so basically that opens split arrow up to every kind of support you can think of, and those are the ones i thought of. i left out cold/lightning penetration because i figured elemental weakness would do a good enough job, and i left out elemental prolif because it wouldn't be necessary - everything would already be frozen/shocked.

as for defenses, im not sure if i could mimic my planned defenses for my current build, so im not sure what would work best. i would still use acro/phase acro, but otherwise i don't know. for the auras i'd want to run (wrath,grace,herald of ice and lightning) im not sure i'd have enough left over for cloak of defiance to be of any use.
i could use stone of lazhwar/rearguard/unique block flask, which would give upwards of 65% block and 67% spell block, but that takes up the quiver and amulet socket which seems to be giving up too much.

any insight from other elemental bow rangers?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info