I Bought A New Laptop....

and holy crap this game looks fucking awesome on it. I play with all the shadows, high detail, I can play with people using discharge and summoners....whole new game

Dominus fights are a joke now. Before, due to my shit laptop, I could barely move out in time for his touch of god. Even dodging his soul wind as I call it was tough. Now, that's a total joke.

If you can afford it, I highly recommend getting a top of the line 'puter

I bought an ASUS with an i7, NVIDIA GeForce GTX.

I still get some desync here and there and for some reason where I live I get latency spike over 1000 around 8pm my time everyday. But overall, huge increase in enjoyment of the game.
The only thing I use the laptop for is PoE. Keep it pure.

EDIT: in anticipation of being flamed over what laptop I got, I would like to say mine probably isn't "top of the line" but that it's pretty damn good
Last edited by Xaxarius on Oct 21, 2014, 5:20:47 PM
what type of graphics card? geforce gtx...what? 840? 860? 880? 765?

i will eventually be getting a new laptop and i mainly play this game. just want to be able to show all effects with no huge fps lag. pretty sure an 840 is good enough for it
I know the feeling mate. Some time ago I upgraded my dual core laptop with 9600GTm to i7 with GT650 and the difference was amazing. Enjoy new dimension of gaming:)
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
I was playing PoE on my home PC with a first-gen core i5, 8gb RAM and HD6870 1gb which I thought was pretty decent. It was so sluggish I attributed to inefficient coding of the game itself. But then my company gave me a MSI GE60 with i7-4700Q with GTX860M 2GB DDR5 and I thought I'd try the game on that. To put it simply, I could barely believe I was playing the same game. No random screen freeze, detailed texture.
"
vnt87 wrote:
I was playing PoE on my home PC with a first-gen core i5, 8gb RAM and HD6870 1gb which I thought was pretty decent. It was so sluggish I attributed to inefficient coding of the game itself. But then my company gave me a MSI GE60 with i7-4700Q with GTX860M 2GB DDR5 and I thought I'd try the game on that. To put it simply, I could barely believe I was playing the same game. No random screen freeze, detailed texture.

So basicly if you want to play PoE , you just have to buy super expensive machine . Good to know .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
tryhardgg wrote:
So basicly if you want to play PoE , you just have to buy super expensive machine . Good to know .

naaaah. i have such a bottom of the line 350 dollar laptop and im playing the game fine. i lag if there are ground effects and i do graphically freeze at times vs enormous packs and my lightning arrow/fire effects but seriously, i just BARELY make it over the minimum specs and i can still play fine.

but if you really want what kind of eye candy this game can dish out, yes you need a good computer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info