Why is GGG actively supporting maphackers ?

"
Thaelyn wrote:

Why is GGG partnering with a website that promotes RMT within Path of Exile? Why does a player get probated or banned for mentioning an RMT site while Chris links to RMT ads in announcement posts?

Wait, what? Seems that I missed something..... Would you please provide some details?
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
"
MourningBlade wrote:
I gave up hacking because I didn't want to get my account banned this time because I really enjoyed the game (yes, I enjoyed Techwarriors autodropgold/pickup40squaressojs/washrinserepeat over and over).

How generous of you, Master Haxx0r.

The Mirror was the best anti-dupe thing ever created. It was tradable.

"
MourningBlade wrote:

Who really gives a shit about maphacks?

Racers
"
Ael00 wrote:
From the most recent patch notes:

"
-Added the functionality to create instances of the area you are currently in through the waypoint, you can do this by Ctrl+Clicking the Waypoint and selecting "New".

Improved the generation of corrupted side areas in the Archives area.

Zone spamming with maphack is already a big issue, was it necessary to feed them more and punish further the legit atziri farmers ?

At least before we could tell if someone was maphacking. You could just look at any party with the title 'wts fragments 1c each' and see the dude spamming zones like a bot staying in each one just a second until he found a corrupted zone.

Now: one of their favourite zone is improved. They used to sit at the doorway between library and archives as both had a decent chance of spawning the same zone. Secondly now they don't even have to bother loading two zones as they can just spam the same one over and over and no one will tell the difference, with even more efficiency.

Am I to assume that GGG just simply doesn't know about this issue or that they deliberately support it? What other purpose would these patch notes serve than to help these hackers ? I am dumbfounded.

I like it when ppl like you Post Bullshit and think they have a Clue.
You dont need to have Maphack to check if a Map have a Vaal Area or not.
You just need to "abuse" the Loading Screen (dont work well with a high end PC)

I explain it for you, so you can stop spread out your shit on Forums.

You need a Metronome, free online one.
Just google "Metronome" or use this: http://www.webmetronome.com

Load a Instance and check how many "clicks" its needed to load.
Do it several Times.
When the Instance takes longer to Load, then there is a Vaal Area or a Master in. (since 1.2)

Here is a Vid Guide: (not mine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kc50bmacOk

So again, stop call ppl Maphackers, when they just use there Brain + a little Trick to figure out how Easy farming can be in PoE.

Light
"
Again, I never said these things were preventable. If anything, I've said the contrary. But do I believe that the current model has reduced the incidences of it compared to a system that trusts the client a lot more (but has less desync)? Absolutely.

The only difference is that something like speed/warphacks are being prevented but that's pointless if you set a low value on allowed warp distance.

And FYI D2 trusted the client and the max distance you can warp is 40% of a 800x600 screen and then you can't warp for several seconds anymore(in fact walking is faster)

Games with "unlimited Warp/Speedhacks" are just poorly coded if you can just tell the server that you are on the edge of the loaded map. And yes many MMORPGs have poor code because they don't pay coders long enough for a proper code. They want a working engine, fire most coders and then there are only some people working on a gameeditor creating content. Fixing takes forever or they have to hire new coders.

"
I actually think after this patch the Zones and Strongboxes won't show up on MapHack when you join a zone. Based on what Chris said on reddit, that's my predication.

You won't preload assests but those players still receive information over several screens away and targeting corrupted zones won't work because the map is still fully loaded in the client and those zones have an orange exit marker.

That's a thing D3 did right they load only the next screen into the client.

"
Re: Support account -- I'm torn. Sometimes a change needs to be made and no fingers pointed, but I'm a big fan of accountability. So...eh. As long as the job is being done.

I'm fairly sure most of the 'Support' folk use their own accounts, so I usually assume 'Support' is a higher-up.

Sure why not make new next leagues support only that will show the devs that players only go into new leagues because the economy is broken after a few weeks.

"
Lightshard wrote:
"
Ael00 wrote:
From the most recent patch notes:

"
-Added the functionality to create instances of the area you are currently in through the waypoint, you can do this by Ctrl+Clicking the Waypoint and selecting "New".

Improved the generation of corrupted side areas in the Archives area.

Zone spamming with maphack is already a big issue, was it necessary to feed them more and punish further the legit atziri farmers ?

At least before we could tell if someone was maphacking. You could just look at any party with the title 'wts fragments 1c each' and see the dude spamming zones like a bot staying in each one just a second until he found a corrupted zone.

Now: one of their favourite zone is improved. They used to sit at the doorway between library and archives as both had a decent chance of spawning the same zone. Secondly now they don't even have to bother loading two zones as they can just spam the same one over and over and no one will tell the difference, with even more efficiency.

Am I to assume that GGG just simply doesn't know about this issue or that they deliberately support it? What other purpose would these patch notes serve than to help these hackers ? I am dumbfounded.

I like it when ppl like you Post Bullshit and think they have a Clue.
You dont need to have Maphack to check if a Map have a Vaal Area or not.
You just need to "abuse" the Loading Screen (dont work well with a high end PC)

I explain it for you, so you can stop spread out your shit on Forums.

You need a Metronome, free online one.
Just google "Metronome" or use this: http://www.webmetronome.com

Load a Instance and check how many "clicks" its needed to load.
Do it several Times.
When the Instance takes longer to Load, then there is a Vaal Area or a Master in. (since 1.2)

Here is a Vid Guide: (not mine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kc50bmacOk

So again, stop call ppl Maphackers, when they just use there Brain + a little Trick to figure out how Easy farming can be in PoE.

Light

So basically you are admitting to exploiting the game and flaming me for nothing at the same time ? How nice of you. Hope you get your account banned soon.
Atziri isn't supposed to be easily accessible though. To me it seems like most people who whine about grinding fragments want Atziri to be like sceptre Dominus; available instantly, whenever they feel like running that area.

Maybe GGG has listened to you and put Atziri as the act4 boss? Who knows.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
Atziri isn't supposed to be easily accessible though. To me it seems like most people who whine about grinding fragments want Atziri to be like sceptre Dominus; available instantly, whenever they feel like running that area.

Thing is, she IS easily accessible. Costs a handful of chaos.

I, for one, think that beyond the SoTV expansion, her implimentation is just odd. I'm not sure why the distinction needs to be made between mapping and farming for fragments.

Just my thoughts.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Really, I don't think there are a whole lot of QoL improvements, that don't also help people hacking. If you make something easier for people to do manually, you're also making things easier for people to automate. All things change does is make it so you only need to load 1 instance instead of 2, which is sort of nice for anyone farming anything.

The fact that sacrifice farming totally sucks ass, and makes high level players run low level areas, which is highly penalized (sort of implying the GGG doesn't want you doing that.) is another discussion entirely.
"
aldorus wrote:
"
Ael00 wrote:
Well clearly I am alone in my opinion. I submit.

Apologies if some people got offended it was not my intention. However my opinion remains the same, any game mechanic change should favor legit players and not vice versa.

I am sympathetic to your opinion, however I still think the "support" is right now not active, but rather by - inactivity. Even that is probably not true, we just do not have the "behind the scenes" complete info - Chris said on Reddit not too long ago that they are working on somehow changing the whole resource preload process to hinder instance info gathering. Let us wait how that turns out.

Probably right after that trade system gets released, 2027 maybe?

Kinda blows me away that people still take GGG seriously..
"just for try, for see and for know"
People using the third party software that gathers instance information are beginning to be banned, supporter or not. GGG is on it. If you use the software, be warned.
Last edited by Scotchfist on Oct 22, 2014, 3:02:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info