Why is GGG actively supporting maphackers ?

dooo it!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I actually think after this patch the Zones and Strongboxes won't show up on MapHack when you join a zone. Based on what Chris said on reddit, that's my predication.
Why is GGG actively spreading ebola?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
But I'm still back at charging an entry fee to give bans actual weight, which will never happen, so eh.

+1 to paying an entrance fee.

I have only suggested it 3 times over the past 2 years. It would prevent so much crap all together. And the funds...think about the funds :O!

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Am I the only person who is bothered by the use of a "Support" account?

I remember back when Riot tried it and there was a huge shitstorm.

It just kind of blew over here.

Hm.

Spoiler
I'm really not, it's just interesting how it kind of happened here and nobody cared but when Riot did it it was like WTF
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Oct 22, 2014, 1:06:40 AM
I may have taken a hiatus from the game, but I will say one thing that GGG has done well.

They have avoided the massive dupes...the main thing that ruined D2. Yes there have been some slip ups here are there (using a mirror on an item that has a skin and such...fixed).

So maphack exists....it always has...not that I have ever used it.
D2 was so fun to hack/bot/dupe because Blizz didn't give a shit.

POE has been so much better by trying to control all of this crap. I gave up hacking because I didn't want to get my account banned this time because I really enjoyed the game (yes, I enjoyed Techwarriors autodropgold/pickup40squaressojs/washrinserepeat over and over).

The Mirror was the best anti-dupe thing ever created. It was tradable.

Last note:
Who really gives a shit about maphacks?
More Important: The trading system still sucks.

-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
"
So far this week I've seen threads about GGG being racist

Dems Atziri didn't do nuffins....all of her arms were up saying don't shoot!
-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
I still think most of us do not see the elefant in the room.

As long as it is possible to tell (quite easily if you know the trade), what resources are being preloaded when entering instance, all of this is just - us talking.

The "real" botters do not need this Archives thing at all.

So instead of being upset about "improving Archives layout" we should pressure GGG to change how the resource preload is handled in the first place.
Well clearly I am alone in my opinion. I submit.

Apologies if some people got offended it was not my intention. However my opinion remains the same, any game mechanic change should favor legit players and not vice versa.
Last edited by Ael00 on Oct 22, 2014, 4:44:30 AM
"
Ael00 wrote:
Well clearly I am alone in my opinion. I submit.

Apologies if some people got offended it was not my intention. However my opinion remains the same, any game mechanic change should favor legit players and not vice versa.

I am sympathetic to your opinion, however I still think the "support" is right now not active, but rather by - inactivity. Even that is probably not true, we just do not have the "behind the scenes" complete info - Chris said on Reddit not too long ago that they are working on somehow changing the whole resource preload process to hinder instance info gathering. Let us wait how that turns out.
Last edited by aldorus on Oct 22, 2014, 5:16:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info