Why is GGG actively supporting maphackers ?

"
BogCreature wrote:
If GGG was my company i would partner up with several RMT websites and take some of the profits. Stop the bots by providing "clean" currency that RMTers can sell and split the profits.
What makes you think the RMT sites would partner with you and split the profits when they can get the full profit from their botfarms with minimal investment?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"

IF it happens to benefit cheaters, then that's something GGG will have to work through. You don't deprive honest, fair players just because dishonest, unfair players also benefit.

But member when they said desync would stop all the cheaters and eliminate the d2 botfest/maphacking?
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
OP is confusing coincidence for correlation.

This change benefits plenty of legitimate players, many of whom have commented that this is a great QoL addition.

IF it happens to benefit cheaters, then that's something GGG will have to work through. You don't deprive honest, fair players just because dishonest, unfair players also benefit.

The topic title is antagonistic and loaded. Of course. I doubt this OP would have gotten many replies or even views if they'd put a logical, rational title. Hyperbole and sensationalism are desperate gestures and OP did both.

Please note at no point did I refute the problem itself. Merely saying that to claim GGG are 'actively supporting maphackers' is unfounded and crass WHEN many legitimate players favour this change as well, and we must assume that legitimate players are GGG's target audience.

I don't get why people who earnestly believe that GGG are the bad guys are still here. You do realise who made this game, right? Who runs it? Who updates it?

What, you think you're going to start some sort of rebellion from within?

Im merely ranting. You might spin things as you wish from your high horse, fact remains these changes in this shape and form benefit the people using 3rd party software more than legit players. I think thats plenty enough reason to be pissed about and voice my opinion, wouldn't you agree ?
"
Ael00 wrote:
"
OP is confusing coincidence for correlation.

This change benefits plenty of legitimate players, many of whom have commented that this is a great QoL addition.

The topic title is antagonistic and loaded. Of course. I doubt this OP would have gotten many replies or even views if they'd put a logical, rational title. Hyperbole and sensationalism are desperate gestures and OP did both.

Please note at no point did I refute the problem itself. Merely saying that to claim GGG are 'actively supporting maphackers' is unfounded and crass WHEN many legitimate players favour this change as well, and we must assume that legitimate players are GGG's target audience.

I don't get why people who earnestly believe that GGG are the bad guys are still here. You do realise who made this game, right? Who runs it? Who updates it?

What, you think you're going to start some sort of rebellion from within?

Im merely ranting. You might spin things as you wish from your high horse, fact remains these changes in this shape and form benefit the people using 3rd party software more than legit players. I think thats plenty enough reason to be pissed about and voice my opinion, wouldn't you agree ?

Do you honestly believe that he is the one spinning things? Really?

I do agree there is some spinning going on.
Last edited by Nubatron on Oct 21, 2014, 6:53:43 PM
"
FadeXF wrote:
SHIT

I feel completely duped here. [Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support] GGG bans the use of hacks and 3rd party SW, they do not endorse nor support it.

Stop lying.

But how will he get people to view his thread otherwise?
Last edited by Support on Oct 21, 2014, 7:45:41 PM
"
And compared to D2, it has. It's taken a LOT longer for people to crack this walnut and you know it.

lol

Every scriptkiddie that did something with PoE knew the clientcode entirely within hours.

This even goes back to TehHammers Oldmanwithabot incident.

Most basic tools were available during CB already.

If you a refering to the serverside detection. A system that also caughts humans is either a bad one or the game is designed in a horrible way. Your choice.

"
I feel completely duped here. [Removed by Support]

The level 22 Bringer of Rain Helmet offers free maphack. and all zones have same layout.
Last edited by Support on Oct 21, 2014, 7:46:42 PM
ITT: Gross misunderstanding of the meaning of the words Actively, Supporting, and Maphackers.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
"
jdilly23 wrote:
"

But member when they said desync would stop all the cheaters and eliminate the d2 botfest/maphacking?

They never said that. Chris is many things, but given to hyperbole he is not. If anything, he's entirely too conservative. They merely chose this method of server mistrusting the client because it helps *minimise* hacking and cheating.

And compared to D2, it has. It's taken a LOT longer for people to crack this walnut and you know it.

Chris IS a realist though. This isn't a fight they can win. Not now, not ever. But it is a fight they have to fight.

...See my response on the other thread for why.

He can be a realist as soon as he admits the decision to have such a desync heavy game was a bad one :)

Your playstyle does not expose you to the worst offenders in PoE, im sure you can admit that.

Chain some 78s and see who you meet, see what you hear :)

D2 is almost 15 years old, the cheating shouldnt even be comparable - and here we are. Minimizing something with the byproduct being PoEs biggest flaw is pathetic.

On topic - they arent supporting map hackers -.-
"just for try, for see and for know"
Last edited by jdilly23 on Oct 21, 2014, 11:23:39 PM
"
"
jdilly23 wrote:
"

They never said that. Chris is many things, but given to hyperbole he is not. If anything, he's entirely too conservative. They merely chose this method of server mistrusting the client because it helps *minimise* hacking and cheating.

Chris IS a realist though. This isn't a fight they can win. Not now, not ever. But it is a fight they have to fight.

...See my response on the other thread for why.

To the best of my knowledge POE had working bots (crude but working) and a maphack since closed beta.

While I feel the thread title is hyper ...... GGG has and does reward players using these methods of *questionable gameplay* (indirectly).

=)

Last edited by Temper on Oct 21, 2014, 11:39:25 PM
Put your ruler back on :P
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info