Why is GGG actively supporting maphackers ?

From the most recent patch notes:

"
-Added the functionality to create instances of the area you are currently in through the waypoint, you can do this by Ctrl+Clicking the Waypoint and selecting "New".

Improved the generation of corrupted side areas in the Archives area.

Zone spamming with maphack is already a big issue, was it necessary to feed them more and punish further the legit atziri farmers ?

At least before we could tell if someone was maphacking. You could just look at any party with the title 'wts fragments 1c each' and see the dude spamming zones like a bot staying in each one just a second until he found a corrupted zone.

Now: one of their favourite zone is improved. They used to sit at the doorway between library and archives as both had a decent chance of spawning the same zone. Secondly now they don't even have to bother loading two zones as they can just spam the same one over and over and no one will tell the difference, with even more efficiency.

Am I to assume that GGG just simply doesn't know about this issue or that they deliberately support it? What other purpose would these patch notes serve than to help these hackers ? I am dumbfounded.
Even though people do what you describe, there were legit players doing the exact same thing. Looking for the entrances that marked CZ in archives.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Even though people do what you describe, there were legit players doing the exact same thing. Looking for the entrances that marked CZ in archives.

HAIIIII =x

slayer come do it before it gets fucked today :o
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Oct 21, 2014, 2:56:19 PM
Paying attention to load times in order to find corrupted zones, is not map hacking.

Take out "hack" and "legit", and I would tend to agree with your concerns.

*edit* I am not convinced about the last patch note though. I think they purposefully used the word "improved" to put a positive spin on "more randomly generated".
<3 Free Tibet <3
Last edited by Opinionated on Oct 21, 2014, 3:03:20 PM
But i like farming the archives, and skip the corrupted zone. Maybe i should be selling the entrance.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
"
Opinionated wrote:
I think they purposefully used the word "improved" to put a positive spin on "more randomly generated".

This

"
But i like farming the archives, and skip the corrupted zone. Maybe i should be selling the entrance.

lol.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"

Why is GGG partnering with a website that promotes RMT within Path of Exile? Why does a player get probated or banned for mentioning an RMT site while Chris links to RMT ads in announcement posts?
"
Thaelyn wrote:
"

Why is GGG partnering with a website that promotes RMT within Path of Exile? Why does a player get probated or banned for mentioning an RMT site while Chris links to RMT ads in announcement posts?

Beacause there are people dumb enough to buy ingame items for real money. Supporting the devs with monies is one thing, buying items to build up the Ego meter is quite another.

On the hinted connection between GGG and RMT i could say this : If GGG was my company i would partner up with several RMT websites and take some of the profits. Stop the bots by providing "clean" currency that RMTers can sell and split the profits.
Too early to tell if they are... they might have messed them up. We'll see.

The reason they changed the way you create an instance saves them creating an instance to the same area that no one would use. They're not helping cheaters... they're cutting costs.
this change looks to me more like QoL improvement for people with crappy computers. Less memory usage (= less crashes), less loading time

it can have some unwanted consequences though
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info