Chisels, scepters, map rolling, and Masters

Hey,

Heres some feedback from day1 player that often plays to 90... I play softcore leagues and usually play to around 90 or over during a league so keep that in mind when considering from what aspect I see the game.

1. Masters - Too hard to get to level7-8 with just soloing dailies. Some of my friends zerged the masters by buying dailies from others but I dont see that this should work this way. A "Daily" should be a daily in that sense that you can do it only once. If you would restrict the amount of possible dailies done to 1/master it would make sense if you would lower the required xp demanded for the Master levels 7and 8 too.

2. Sceptres - I personally think these are the forgotten items in this game theorywise. I havent seen too many usefull builds with Sceptres and would love to see some league with buffed sceptres and a unique sceptre or two that would teach people to see the new benefits of sceptres. Maybe have something to do with +gems, totems, or/and even summons.

3. Map rolling: At the moment a) pack size b) magic monsters - are too good imho. I basically roll all my below 76 maps to these two with alterations and 76+ maps I alterate and regal. Result: I keep on spamming the same boring maps.

4. 3 to 1 map vendor recipe: just a suggestion that maybe the rate could be lowered to 2:1 since I cant see people really using the recipe that much - and also it lower the amount of compulsory map trading.

5. Chisels: I still feel I am too dependant on other players for chisels. One suggestion would be that the amount of chisels required to roll rarity/quantity would be lowered to 10% and the other 10% that is removed is implemented into maps qua internal mechanics. Its good that a Master has a proper chisel recipe but remains to be seen if the 1.24 version 12:20 chaos to chisel is good enough ratio (maybe its still abit high. 8:20 would be closer to economy value.)

Hope these give you any ideas.

Best,
Cudez
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
Last edited by Cudez on Oct 21, 2014, 7:39:26 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Cudez wrote:
1. Masters - Too hard to get to level7-8 with just soloing dailies. Some of my friends zerged the masters by buying dailies from others but I dont see that this should work this way. A "Daily" should be a daily in that sense that you can do it only once. If you would restrict the amount of possible dailies done to 1/master it would make sense if you would lower the required xp demanded for the Master levels 7and 8 too.

+1.
But i's called "Grinding Gear games" for a reason, I fear...

"

2. Sceptres - I personally think these are the forgotten items in this game theorywise. I havent seen too many usefull builds with Sceptres and would love to see some league with buffed sceptres and a unique sceptre or two that would teach people to see the new benefits of sceptres. Maybe have something to do with +gems, totems, or/and even summons.

Just a matter of time.
a) there is a pretty beautiful endgame unique (doryani's catalyst).
b) the amount of crit nodes in the left side of the tree keeps growing and growing.
c) masters made it easier to craft DpS Sceptres.
Soon people will start playing with sceptres and finally realize Resolute Technique is a horrible keystone.

"

3. Map rolling: At the moment a) pack size b) magic monsters - are too good imho. I basically roll all my below 76 maps to these two with alterations and 76+ maps I alterate and regal. Result: I keep on spamming the same boring maps.

+1
Doing the same for most maps. But it's not too good, the rest is too bad. ;)

"

4. 3 to 1 map vendor recipe: just a suggestion that maybe the rate could be lowered to 2:1 since I cant see people really using the recipe that much - and also it lower the amount of compulsory map trading.

I use it to get maps from 69-72 to 73.

"

5. Chisels: I still feel I am too dependant on other players for chisels. One suggestion would be that the amount of chisels required to roll rarity/quantity would be lowered to 10% and the other 10% that is removed is implemented into maps qua internal mechanics. Its good that a Master has a proper chisel recipe but remains to be seen if the 1.24 version 12:20 chaos to chisel is good enough ratio (maybe its still abit high. 8:20 would be closer to economy value.)

I'd say: let them be sold for 2-3 glassblower's baubles.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Cudez wrote:

The required experience...I don't know. But making dailies really daily...yeah...
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Peterlerock wrote:
But i's called "Grinding Gear games" for a reason, I fear...

I suspect their name may have more to do with their office life than with the game they produce ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Masters: No experience; no comment, except that from afar it looks like GGG could have done a much better job utilizing dailies and balancing solo vs group reward disparity. I suspect changes are coming, but probably not until after the next set of leagues, and probably not to any degree that would make solo play more tolerable.

Scepters: It took players a loooong time (as in, since CB->OB) to realize the extreme potentials of daggers and staves (as merely a matter of obtaining the right mods). Scepters have similar potential with similar drawbacks (massive, mixed affix pool); it's only a matter of time until the weapons exist en masse and a build popularizes them. Until then, enjoy access to much cheaper scepters!

The biggest issue I'd encounter when aiming for Scepters (besides a cohesive set of affix) was accuracy on the left side of the tree. That side has had really good 1H crit for a while, but I'm not sure if accuracy looks any better now than it did before. Before you really had to go out of your way to gather any meaningful amount.

Maps: No comment really. I only ran maps as a diversion between finishing one character (the end of A3xM) and beginning another. I was too much of an altoholic to really care about what map I rolled, so I usually just alched 66-68s for fun.

Map Recipe: Always thought this was absurd. 3^(n - 66) of the same level 66 maps to make one level n map is beyond outrageous. The actual number of level 66 maps required is much greater than this due to the matching name element of the recipe (note: while other randomly found maps of varying levels can be included in the sum of the recipes used, greatly reducing the total number of 66's required, the amount reduced comes no where near the increased burden from the amount required to match names for the rest. I posted a breakdown of the actual numbers a long time ago when the recipe first came out--long story short, you require on average two of each other same-level map before you find a third of the same name). Granted, I'm not an "end-game player" but it doesn't take one to see how 66-68 maps (at least) are useless in the long run.

My suggestion was giving each map its own recipe using specific combinations of other map names, with different combinations from the same-name recipes, to create one of the chosen map. My approach was one map one level below, one map two levels below, two maps three levels below, and three maps four levels below (for maps 70+); the current recipe, as is, could be useful then for collecting more specific named maps levels 67-69 to then create maps levels 70, and so on.

E.g. three Overgrown Ruin (66), two Cemetery (67), one Museum (68), and one Shore (69) to create one Bog map (70); this only requires at least 7 maps, instead of the theoretical floor of 81 (3^4) maps , thus allowing excess same-name Crypts, Grotto/Ledge, and Orchard/Ruin/Sewer/Geyser maps to be converted into missing Cemetery, Museum, and Shore maps (respectively) for this particular recipe. This would still require a lot of maps to craft one map 70-75, but it would empower the player to funnel their lower level map pool to constructive ends and would be nowhere near the degree of futility as is now. In this case, it would require at most three Overgrown Ruins, six Crypts, nine Grotto, and 21 Orchard/Ruin, for a maximum 39 level 66 maps total as opposed to 81 dungeon maps.

Chisels: Believe it or not, this is actually good the way it is. Same principle as Atziri frag farming, but far less obtrusive; if you do not want to farm for your own chisels, then trading with other players is sending currency back down the "economic pyramid." You're supplementing lower level farmers for their services, thereby enhancing their economic mobility. Without "brute forcing" this kind of exchange, currency would only travel up the pyramid; due to the nature of orbs, they themselves lend no reason to be funneled down in any meaningful capacity, which in turn creates a situation where somebody must always be on the bottom, supporting the weight of the rest.

Fake edit: Sorry if this is ramble-ish, especially the part about map recipes. People decided they wanted to talk my ear off mid post, and I suck at multitasking ^-^ Now I'm out of time to revise my post. I hope I got the map combinations and numbers correct for my suggestion, but if I messed up somewhere then I grant you creative license to imagine the correct solution given the method I described ;)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:

The biggest issue I'd encounter when aiming for Scepters (besides a cohesive set of affix) was accuracy on the left side of the tree.

Solved.

Insane crit clusters "Deadly Precision" and "Disemboweling"
40% Acc, 20 Dex/Int in Marauder
20Dex/10%acc behind a good damage node in templar
"Swift precision" cluster between marauder and templar: 20% acc, 10% multi, 50% crit chance
"Galvanic Hammer": solid crit/crit multi for maces
And - if you really want: "Eagle Eye" (one strength node below Berserking/Vaal Pact): 54% acc/32% crit

Have like one good and one mid rolled acc affix on gear and you're set for lategame.

The biggest issue I had when going for Sceptres was actually flat dexterity (for gems). It feels awkward to invest in +30 Dex nodes.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info