Would a unique like this be overpowered?

I can't believe you even asked this question...
They would be balanced by just doing one thing:

Cannot equip offhand weapon or shield.
"
Repeats wrote:

use a bow?
Write random stuff here
"
RunMyWay wrote:
"
Repeats wrote:

use a bow?

You wouldn't be able to equip a quiver. Since a good chunk of critical strike, life, and resists is normally needed on a decent quiver, I think it would be okay. It would also be able to use 2H weapons.
Haha, somehow I imagined GGG team asking themselves the same question about Shavs. Nah, it would be fine, nothing to worry about, lets do it!
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
People would dual wield wands if you couldn't equip an off hand or shield.

No ES would prevent its use in conjunction with low life, CI, or MoM so it's actually a significant drawback in that it restricts your defensive options but it doesn't go far enough.

A better drawback would be something like "your defenses are zero" so no ES, evasion, or armor. That would significantly restrict the defensive strategies available. It would have a very glass cannon feel.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Oct 21, 2014, 11:12:43 AM
Change it to 30% REDUCED movement speed, that's better if you ask me. Otherwise, shameful item that has no place in the game.
Another quality ZAP! post.
It's bad because all it wants it the ability to do more damage with less links being an effectively 6/7 link item. Even if it was all level 1 gems it would be overpowered.

Until I see post level 100 content, then I'll probably re-evaluate my opinion.
Replace the BM gem support with plain old "blood magic" (like malachai's/covenant) and it might be alright. It would ensure that you can't use any auras or abuse shavs.

Still a pretty boring and uninspired unique though.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Extremly good HP
7link with max and overleveld Gems
Top Movementspeed
BiS for Wanders.
Frees Gemspace
Drawback is virtually zero.

For me it seems like a good and genius unique.

No seriously, Kaiserin must be trolling, the 3 free links alone are way to strong.
Even a 5 or 6L with no HP and no movespeed would be pretty BiS for wanders.

cheers
EXALTS>EXAMS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info