Would a unique like this be overpowered?

You made a post asking if an item is overpowered and then you share with us that you intend to mess up the broken economy of the game further by making it highly gated.

How does that work?
You could pass the idea along to GGG and they'd nerf the shit out of it before allowing it into the game, because their design philosophy isn't going to permit your item as is.

First step to reducing the power of this unique is by making the level of gems lower (e.g. lvl 12 GMP and Chain).

The Energy Shield part doesn't really even seem relevant to the item, so it doesn't pose a problem to users and is easily avoidable. If you're looking for a downside to the item, it better be a real downside.
"
aff1nity wrote:
It would be balanced if it had the Veil of the Night downside -- your elemental resists are 0.

Nope.
Thats my upside.

Requires lvl80 is a huge downside, at that level the stats are ok.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Oct 21, 2014, 6:17:18 AM
You serious OP, 7L item with super life for no drawbacks. Well done, well done...

Pretty good unique, but I wouldn't call it overpowered. Energy Shield downside ensures it.
if you are forced to use the blood magic gem, how about a downside like "cannot leech, no life reg" :E
So stupid uniq design. Everyone can create tons of such imba things. Only few can create something really smart.
Last edited by SidleJinks on Oct 21, 2014, 8:45:14 AM
"
"
Skyforth wrote:

Might go for design a unique, maybe not :P

Wouldn't make it past the email phase. GGG got SO burnt with the 7L of Bringer of Rain.

Listen to Charan, he's at least had lots of interaction with GGG regarding the making of unique items.
Remove GMP
Lvl 18 chain and BM

I like it
Remove blood magic lvl 30, make it a static "skill cost's 800 life to cast"

There.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info