issues with amd drivers / cards; poe.exe is not responding

dear ggg,

some minutes ago i lost my third character on beyond due to random issues with amd drivers during playing poe.
i use a radeon 7800 with catalyst driver 14.9 (driver packaging: 14.301.1001-140915a-176154C) on windows 7 professional 64 bit.

i already reinstalled the whole game and new drivers but from time to time i got these issues.
(before 1.2 i never had these random crashes)

furthermore i want to know how long is the time when the game is logging me out after crashing; my friend told me it was at minimum approx 35 seconds after i told in teamspeak that my game crashed.

i ve got these issues only with poe; all other games i play are running smoothly.

looking forward to your responses;

tyvm in advance!

ign: oberarmklaus
check your card and temperatures to make sure it's not overheating, undervolting, or throttling.

in some cases, you have to reset the clock timings or even slightly underclock to improve stability of the card/driver.
It has nothihng to do with the ATI card not being able to handle poe or overheating, but with poe not working well on ATI cards; or conflicting with the driver somehow. I have exactly the same problem with my HD 6950, constant client crashes or lock-ups. Only thing I can come up with is trying the previous version of catalyst, I may be imagining it but it seems more stable.
Last edited by thevdende on Oct 21, 2014, 7:10:52 AM
"
thevdende wrote:
It has nothihng to do with the ATI card not being able to handle poe or overheating, but with poe not working well on ATI cards; or conflicting with the driver somehow. I have exactly the same problem with my HD 6950, constant client crashes or lock-ups. Only thing I can come up with is trying the previous version of catalyst, I may be imagining it but it seems more stable.

Not all problems are the problem you're having. Please stick to troubleshooting in your own thread (and please stick to one thread if you can).
"
Drakier wrote:
"
thevdende wrote:

Not all problems are the problem you're having. Please stick to troubleshooting in your own thread (and please stick to one thread if you can).

You are the one posting superfluous crap on every thread, belittling every problem. While this is a legitimate problem, and is very likely related to the one I have described in numerous threads and am still waiting for a decent response. If you have nothing constructive to add then don't post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info