Build of the Week Season 3 Episode 8: Perma-freeze Ice Spear Witch

Great build . i was doing something like that , but using HP instead ES . Glad to know its works too .
Grats Mors, for his second BoTw. I think it's inedit some1 getting BoTw twice in a row, it just shows how good you are.
I thought you knew Mors is the creator of all builds? Everyone just copies him remember?
"
Freeze is so strong. If they can't move, they're dead.

My first Beyond character operates under the same basic philosophy.

edit: And now I've watched the video, I can say 'thanks!' for the Temporal Chains post freeze idea. I'll be using that.

What I'd most be curious about is how well this freezes in a 6 player group, given that freeze duration is based on enemy maximum life. I suppose with all those crit nodes, probably quite well.

Status ailments are based on damage to 'as if 1 player life'

Edit:
"
Malice wrote:
When playing in a party, a monster's max life is treated as being the same as it would be in a single player game for the purposes of calculating these durations.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707#p216024
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Oct 20, 2014, 5:32:06 PM
Mors did it first .

(and btw love you Mors, no homo).
IGN : @Morgoth
Think the "first" post should be replaced by simply typing "Mors"
A few fails in this build, 6L and no cold pen except on swap... srsly?

Things I want perma frozen are not trash mobs with no curse immunity/cold resistance, they are devourers exiles and beyonders that pop out of nowhere and all too often hexproof.

Ele prolif and GMP is sorta redundant, and never liked prolif freeze anyway since shatter = unfreeze.

Guess I better upgrade my stuff before everyone starts jacking prices up.
Last edited by icemltr on Oct 20, 2014, 6:10:09 PM
Build here for those interested!: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1080647
"
icemltr wrote:
A few fails in this build, 6L and no cold pen except on swap... srsly?

Things I want perma frozen are not trash mobs with no curse immunity/cold resistance, they are devourers exiles and beyonders that pop out of nowhere and all too often hexproof.

Ele prolif and GMP is sorta redundant, and never liked prolif freeze anyway since shatter = unfreeze.

Guess I better upgrade my stuff before everyone starts jacking prices up.

You don't need cold pen for most of the game. Faster Casting should be swapped out for it in a 6L IMO but in a 5L it's fine. If you check out the videos k19 made in the build thread you can kill most bosses with GMP and no pen very quickly without them ever being unfrozen. When you run into something a little hard you just swap GMP in for cold pen and you're good to go.

As for perma frozen, once again check out the videos by k19. He can perma-freeze almost every boss in the game.
IGN: Dmillz
My build is better, just saying :)
Never occurred to me to use ele prolif with IS. GMP IS shatters the whole screen in one salvo. For bosses I'd usually swap in LMP and snipe from range.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info