PoE Shops Indexer — search for items with ease

Feature Request:

1) Would like to be able to save default search settings (ie , b/o only , online only, corrupt, etc. , max buyout) This way when you click the reset button the user will not have to fill out these settings every time.

2) It would be nice to be able to let the community flag users who are abusing the system ( example .. posting stashes w/ low prices only to send out RMT spam when someone replies)

3) Does the api allow for any way to detect afk players. Late night PST often has 50% or better afk rate
-Michelle (G1rlPow3r)
Due to the many well documented scenarios of price manipulations with the (ab)use of poe.trade indexer where buyout prices are set for items but the items listed are never actually intended to be sold at listed buyout price, rather the listing is used as a form of price-check bait/trick for other sellers, I suggest a feature where users could accurately Price Check all of their Uniques and Divination Cards per certain league.

Before I continue, here are some of the reported aforementioned abuses (out of many many more which fly "under the radar" on the hourly/daily basis):
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/44wknq/players_trying_to_manipulate_skyforth_prices_in/
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3yx9gh/cornering_the_poe_market_with_prime_the_recent/

Now, how could we Price Check items and what data is required to be generated from poe.trade indexer?

I suggest a brand new page - similar as Currency Market. It should be northing but a very simple input query - name of the single Unique or Divination Card (maybe a drop-down list?). Once the item is selected, the poe.trade shows statistical data on the current status of market on the specific selected item.

Lets say we search for the item "Marohi Erqi".

Data:
1. How many items are listed.
2. How many items of are listed with a set Buyout price.

Assuming people will put buyouts in various currencies:
3. Average buyout per each listed currency.
4. Median buyout per each listed currency.
5. Standard deviation buyout per each listed currency.

With these five numbers persentes, the abuse of poe.trade indexer in order to trick the market would be minimized or even completely negated.

Hardware wise - I presume that generation of such data would not take too much of the resources as the database can be "swept" once in 10-15 minutes and still be relevant for the players. Even the semi-dynamic scope of such a Price Check page would be of huge help and fairness of the future PoE trading.

Feel free to throw in your thoughts and comments.

Kindly,
npavcec
''You can prolongate your online status for an hour.'' This button doesn't work only for me? Because despite of how many times i click ''prolongate'' my online status appear only for one hour.
The maximum time is one hour. Clicking "prolongate" only tops that hour up. :-)
some guy threatened to report and ban me from poe.trade because he says i am "manipulating the market" when my taste of hate for 3.7ex won't update to 5.5ex because Aquisition says "duplicate token required" and it doesn't update the shop!!! what can I do????
What PoE.trade NEEDS is the ability to comment on and rate sellers, and view seller ratings/comments.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
It would be nice to be able to report players that intentionally change the buyout price for items in their whispers.

For example:

@namegoeshere Hi, I would like to buy your Agnerod West Imperial Staff listed for 2 exalted in Talisman

This is the actual price listed. Far too often, I see messages such as:

@namegoeshere Hi, I would like to buy your Agnerod West Imperial Staff listed for 1.5 exalted in Talisman

Far too often, players try to change the buyout message in order to catch unsuspecting players off-guard. This is equivalent to scamming in my eyes. It is clear deception with the intent to rip another player off.

Being able to report players that engage in this behavior would be helpful in order to begin to deter this behavior. Blacklisting these players from being able to post items would be a nice start.
For some reason I have 3x unique unidentified jewels (2x the vigil, 1x izzaro's) all in my 5c tab. Buyout is set on tab, everything else in tab pulls up and sells just fine. Those 3 jewels however are not showing on poe.trade.

I have no idea what it can be, other unid unique jewels have buyouts listed in other tabs, and pull up just fine. But these 3 do not for some reason.
"
Hartlin wrote:
Being able to report players that engage in this behavior would be helpful in order to begin to deter this behavior. Blacklisting these players from being able to post items would be a nice start.
I can agree with the first but not with the second. Players should have the ability to read comments on other traders, rate their experience, and view ratings... but it should be the decision of each individual person on whether or not they want to trade with someone who has a bad reputation.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 13, 2016, 2:50:51 AM
Hi, I requested GGG to change my account name. However POE.TRADE is still referring to my old forum account / profile and it's giving an invalid url.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info