LV20 q20 Arc - Vaal or not?

"
Ludvator wrote:
One of my builds uses Vaal RF as main skill. It focuses on life+ES and AoE and uses burn-proliferate. Its effectivness is based on mob density in maps, with good density it can be used continuously. Fast, fun and dangerous (only in SC:))

Hence why it's useless. It's just like Cast on Death.

Yes, it "can" be used, but it is too variable and leaves too much room for error.

"
Ludvator wrote:
ps: It would work great with ES variant of Atziri's Splendour (thanks to life on kill), which I unfortunately dont have:)

Expensive and hard to obtain item that makes Shavronne's Wrappings look easy and cheap.

Another reason such things are not useful.

"
Ludvator wrote:
for most builds? yes. But try using it with Detonate dead build that uses sunblast multitrap desecrate (I was playing it last league)

Except DD builds are already one-shotting entire screens. Why use a skill that doesn't increase clear speed?

"
Ludvator wrote:
ok. but who says you have to use it for casting "regular" skills? You can ie use it with melee build (that otherwise has no mana problems with is 30-50 mana per second usage) to switch to dominating blow for some time to periodically create minions

...again, why do something that you don't have to do?

If the build has no mana problems using a skill that yields, say, 20k AOE DPS why should they switch to another skill to create minions?

All you've done is reinforce why vaal gems are useless. I'm not talking about how fun they are.
Even tho I agree mostly, Vaal auras are the strongest support you can give a build:

V-disc: Insta heal up for ES builds. Dont say this is because a build is bad, this is mostly convenience, so that you dont have to run around like a headless chicken to regen

V-haste: Super insane single target buff for summoners. Or, with inc aoe, maybe even perm uptime super buff. Strongest v-skill imo, and not soon to be beaten i think

v-grace: What? why does a build have issues if you want to pop a v-grace so you can facetank dominus, piety or megara as a block build. Yes, you become basically immune to dmg if you have enough aura nodes with this.

v-clarity: Did you even see raiz' dominating blow full uptime vaal clarity build? This skill can actually be built around to make mapping extremely comfortable for mana hungry builds.

Last v-skill's worth mentioning:

V-molten shell: can be built around, partially, is especially good in a block based fire/spell dmg build

v-spark: best boss killer spell

v-cyclone: risky, but most fun v-skill there is. common, give us some fun

v-DD: Can do extreme amounts of damage under the right circumstances. strongboxes for example.

v-Flameblast: Same idea as above

v-skellies: really good distraction for those nasty bosses (mainly for summoners)

And, if you still want to argue using a vaal skill is because your build sucks, why cant it be different? Use a vaal skill to compensate for something that would otherwise require much more work?
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
"
Natharias wrote:
All you've done is reinforce why vaal gems are useless. I'm not talking about how fun they are.

Mostly unnecessary - yes, useless - no.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
leary93 wrote:
v-cyclone: risky, but most fun v-skill there is. common, give us some fun

Agreed, love how fun that skill it. I usually pair it with LGoH and pop granite as I'm using it, to mitigate the risk. Also, AoE-increasing abilities (Carcass Jack, Increased Area of Effect, passives, etc) also help the utility of the skill as it aids in killing the hoover-ed up enemies at a greater distance than their own melee reach.
The guy who was complaining about all Vaal skills seems really dismissive of Vaal Haste, which is hard to fathom unless someone hasn't tried it first-hand on a summoner build. Especially for SRS summoners who already take the passive nodes for Increased Skill Duration, using a pair of Vaal Haste gems lets you have almost none-stop super clear speed once you've charged them up initially. Pop one, and while that one is effect, the other VH gem is continuing to gain souls. Lets you chain them back-to-back. The utility for group maps is even better.
"
Natharias wrote:

"
Ludvator wrote:
ps: It would work great with ES variant of Atziri's Splendour (thanks to life on kill), which I unfortunately dont have:)

Expensive and hard to obtain item that makes Shavronne's Wrappings look easy and cheap

when you say something which should be a fact and not your personal opinion, verify that what you say is not totally wrong

hardly obtainable at start of leagues.. but this is true for both items

according to poe.trade:

cheapest 5L Atziri Splendour (pure ES) in Rampage - 8ex
cheapest 5L Shavs in Rampage - 44ex
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Oct 21, 2014, 10:49:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info