Ci died on full es

Is this really working as intended?

My ci witch died when I used this flask.
I had mana issues so I just put the first flask in my bag into my belt and used it. Died.

Really? REALLY??
After all the "can't do this or that with low life buffed items" because ci "doesn't coun't as low LIFE because energy shield is your life"... I would have thought it's the case with this type of flask too!

So are you going to restore my hc beyond hc witch or not?
Seriously putting tons of money into the game to support you guys and then you fuck me over like this?!

I just spent all my currency in beyond to gear her up,
my first ever ci witch with +5k es and then you let a fucking flask like this WORK LIKE THIS?
Ci HAS NO LIFE! ES IS HER LIFE! THE FLASK SHOULD REMOVE 15% OF ES ON USE! NOT RED LIFE 1/1 RESULTING IN A DEAD CHAR!

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST......

RESTORE MY CHAR OR I QUIT.
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Last edited by Quantume on Oct 20, 2014, 8:26:40 AM
Last bumped on Dec 30, 2016, 9:17:15 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I could take the blame if there had been a fucking PROMPTING popup that said something like

"ARE YOU REALLY SURE YOU WANT TO EQUIP THIS FLASK TO YOUR BELT?
BECAUSE YOU ARE Ci AND ONE USE OF THIS FLASK WILL KILL YOU!!!"

But no, as always, the sucking ui and userfriendliness of this game is what it is,
not a single clue, tip, or safety measure.

How should anyone know that despite of all the beneficial *when on low life* mods like pain attunement or 100% rarity and other stuff NOT working if you are ci, THIS flask mod however still works?

Is this just a intentional troll mechanic?

You seriously gonna shrug your shoulders and just tell me "sorry man, nothing we can do, it does what it says, you had 1/1 life and it removes 15% of mana recovered from life..." ??

My ENERGY SHIELD *IIIIIS* MY LIFE...
because all the other mechanics recognize it as my life pool, and pain attunement as said before and other *low life* stuff won't work for ci chars, then how the fuck you expect anyone to know that this flask makes the expection to those rules, unless that someone goes to a 3rd or 5th party wiki page and nerds his ass off reading all about it ?!

I am not to blame for this suicide. The flask mod mechanics are working wrong, and tricked me, as probably other players too.

Now restore my char and fix this obvious troll/glitch/bug/error mechanic.
1) CI does not equal low life because you are at 100% life 1/1= 100%

2) Caustic flasks on CI builds have been a discussion on many threads, and have accounted for many deaths. But, it is working as intended.

3) All the information is out there - you seem to have put a lot of time into researching your build. I am sure that caustic flask is the bane of CI builds had to pop up in one of them.

4) You know they aren't going to restore your character, right?

5) I know you are pissed, but you are blaming the wrong person/people for your death.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/623339/page/1

Yes, Caustic flasks will kill you if you have CI (or otherwise have less life than the flask will take). This is intentional.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chaos_Inoculation

WARNING!

The keystone Blood Magic will instantly kill a CI player when he/she uses a skill that costs exactly 1 mana, or reserves any percentage of life. Skills that cost more than 1 mana can not be activated due to insufficient life. This also applies to skills supported by Blood Magic and retroactively for if you cast auras cast on blood magic before taking CI.
Mana flasks can have the Caustic prefix that removes life on use based on the total mana recovered by the flask (+60% mana recovered, removes 15% of mana recovered from life.) This will also kill you.
No, I did not investigate those parts of the build.
Only pain attunement, and items that give iir% and other beneficial buffs on "low life"...

Absolute BULL FUCKING SHIT to kill players like this who don't NERD AROUND googling every fucking thread... totally uncalled for.

They should have put that warning INTO THE GAME, like I said, as a pop up prompting question, that has to be checked in order to equip said flasks and its lethal mechanics!

Bottom line is this:

This type of critical information MUST be provided to players INSIDE the game.

Not on a fucking wiki page or random threads made by other players...
Absolute nail in the coffin, worst DEV decision in gaming history, EVER, to not include CRITICAL, LETHAL information INSIDE THE ACTUAL GAME.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Oct 20, 2014, 2:10:13 PM
The information you need is on the Flask. It literally says you lose an amount of Life relative to Mana replenished. Energy Shield is not Life, no matter how similar you make them. They literally have a different name just to make distinctions such as these possible.

If the Flask said you'd take Damage equal to Mana replenished, it would go to ES first. However, it doesn't say that - it explicitly mentions it takes an amount of Life from your Life pool. Which is 1.
Can't you read?

It clearly says: "Removes 15% of Mana Recovered from Life when used"

And nowhere does it say "Energy Shield is your Life".

I love that they left this in. It is always funny reading these posts. And the more you blame the Game or GGG, the funnier it gets.

“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Oct 20, 2014, 9:31:02 AM
"
Quantume wrote:

Bottom line is this:

This type of critical information MUST be provided to players INSIDE the game.

You mean like them spelling out that if you lose your 1 life, you will die? The more you complain, the dumber you look. You should quit while you're ahead.

ES is not your life in a CI build. Your life is still your life. It's 1. ES just gives you protection for that life. If you lost all your ES, you would not die. You would be alive with 1 life. So you can't say that ES is your life when you can have 0 ES and still be alive.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
[Removed by Support]
Here's something for you to think about:

You link a aura to BM, reserves over 200% life.
If you try turning it on, it would kill you.
But it doesn't.
It won't let you turn it on.
Why?

BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE A GIGANTIC DICK MOVE !!!

That's exactly what this flask + ci is.
It is, a fucking DICK MOVE.
And it shouldn't be. It should be DISABLED...

[Removed by Support]
What kinda DICK does one have to be, to keep mechanics in the game that KILLS A PLAYER LIKE THIS?
BM AND AURA GEMS DOESN'T DO IT!
WHY DOES THIS FLASK DO IT?

If I had a say at GGG this mechanic flask + kill click as Ci would be disabled.
Guess what? Everyone would thank me and say "that's reasonable, that is nice, that makes SENSE..."

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Oct 20, 2014, 2:13:37 PM
*And i dont GIVE A FUUUUUUUCK if u ban or but me on probation.... go ahead, anyone who replied in here knows what i said is true... [Removed by Support].
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Oct 20, 2014, 2:10:45 PM
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

I love that they left this in. It is always funny reading these posts. And the more you blame the Game or GGG, the funnier it gets.

agreed:)

Wraeclast punishes ignorance sometimes

Your reading skills have been tested and you failed

You drink a potion without reading what it does? Clever move. Similar to taking random pills when you are sick

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Oct 20, 2014, 2:16:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info