Just RIPPED to a Windows 8.1 Pop-up

"
sanleon wrote:
"
enveratise wrote:

Free copy of windows 10 for me too. :P

Isnt it freeware?

Only for those who already have windows 8.1, afaik.

"
Ludvator wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
windows 8 is a piece of crap.

yea, as expected:) only every second wins tend to be ok, coincidence? :)

win 98 - good
win ME - shit
win XP - good
Vista - uber crap
win 7 - good
win 8 - shit
win ? - good

isn't that why the jumped to windows 10?

win 7 - good
win 8 - shit
win 9 - (supposed to be) good
win 10 - ???
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
Ludvator wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

yea, as expected:) only every second wins tend to be ok, coincidence? :)

win 98 - good
win ME - shit
win XP - good
Vista - uber crap
win 7 - good
win 8 - shit
win ? - good

wow, that's totally accurate too. I almost forgot vista even existed.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Gonna just pop in to say that my 8.1 experience has been nothing but pleasant. Don't like the way it looks? Mod it. Done.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
i heard they call it windows 10 because it will be soooo good that it doesnt deserve to be called windows 9.
I heard something similar.
It's supposed to be so different from 8(.1), that that 9 would sound inappropriate. And they want to win back business customers, who shunned Win8 - or so I read.

I really don't get it, though. The OS is just the underlying structure that allows the user to run programmes. It is in itself not really important.
You go to your work place, start the programmes you need and that's that.
Now, if these programmes work on Win7, why the hell would I, if I ran a business, switch to a new version of Win that actually doesn't do anything my previous Windows already did for me - especially when Win7 will still be supported. After the end of support, this is of course an entirely different question.
I've been doing a roll-out of Win7 in a small-medium company a few years ago and although it was only a Win → Win migration there were lots of things to be ironed out.
Why the hell should I do that more often than absolutely necessary?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
I heard something similar.
It's supposed to be so different from 8(.1), that that 9 would sound inappropriate. And they want to win back business customers, who shunned Win8 - or so I read.

I really don't get it, though. The OS is just the underlying structure that allows the user to run programmes. It is in itself not really important.
You go to your work place, start the programmes you need and that's that.
Now, if these programmes work on Win7, why the hell would I, if I ran a business, switch to a new version of Win that actually doesn't do anything my previous Windows already did for me - especially when Win7 will still be supported. After the end of support, this is of course an entirely different question.
I've been doing a roll-out of Win7 in a small-medium company a few years ago and although it was only a Win → Win migration there were lots of things to be ironed out.
Why the hell should I do that more often than absolutely necessary?

Because there is absolutely no reason to upgrade from 7 to 8. The features that come with a new OS release tend to be incredibly minor and rarely used by the general population. The biggest selling point of w8 was that POS bastardization of the start menu which ironically was the biggest reason it was shunned by the masses.

Also, VPN seems to break randomly.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
windows 8? do you use a touch screen?
"
caboom wrote:
"
fazlez1 wrote:
That's just one reason why auto-update is off on everything except anti-virus.

true but antivirus has cost me a few death too, either becouse i forgot to disable the check it does every few days and the whole game goes fuuu or it minimize poe to tell me there is an upgrade to do.

then get a decent antivirus software.
"
Nephalim wrote:

Because there is absolutely no reason to upgrade from 7 to 8. The features that come with a new OS release tend to be incredibly minor and rarely used by the general population. The biggest selling point of w8 was that POS bastardization of the start menu which ironically was the biggest reason it was shunned by the masses.

Also, VPN seems to break randomly.

I somehow get the impression that you're agreeing by disagreeing.
I was trying to say that there is and was no reason to migrate from 7 to 8 and that the changes in Windows itself will also not justify the switch from 7 to 10.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I DAH? OpieOP
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
"
Nephalim wrote:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info