Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Perfect_Black wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
right now, you aren't getting this progressively better equipment. or are, but not progressively and certainly not as any kind of function of your climbing skills.
therefore, you must seek other means of obtaining it reliably, knowing that without doing so you will never reach the summit, no matter how hard you try.
or worse: you might just get suddenly and randomly teleported to the summit, even though your climbing skills are still far from a point where you can reach it on your own.
This is unarguably true. Attack johnKeys all you want, but some of his statements are bulletproof.

D3 has linearly progressive item drops. Does it feel more rewarding than PoE? God no. It's boring as fuck, it has that boring itemization every MMORPG has. It's literally WoW, but not raid WoW, rather quest WoW.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Perfect_Black wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
right now, you aren't getting this progressively better equipment. or are, but not progressively and certainly not as any kind of function of your climbing skills.
therefore, you must seek other means of obtaining it reliably, knowing that without doing so you will never reach the summit, no matter how hard you try.
or worse: you might just get suddenly and randomly teleported to the summit, even though your climbing skills are still far from a point where you can reach it on your own.
This is unarguably true. Attack johnKeys all you want, but some of his statements are bulletproof.

It's gibberish. Masters and orbs provide good enough tools to get through acts and to maps. Lets not forget that build and your passive tree offers tools to battle with content as well.

Linear progression is the worst thing.
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
Last edited by 1988288 on Oct 20, 2014, 3:16:16 PM
"
"
Quixote77 wrote:
But what is Everest for you, John. You didn't quite say (at least from what I skimmmed through). High maps, Atziri, even the Uber?

I'm gonna guess lvl 66 white maps with one chisel on them.

Have to see his response, but I feel much of his agony is self-inflicted. RNG is RNG, there's, however, the option of trade to alleviate it; he chooses self-found and self-sufficiency. Which is perfectly fine (and fulfilling in its own right) -- but then, he chooses to compare his loot with those who actively trade.

Last edited by Quixote77 on Oct 20, 2014, 3:16:30 PM
"

1) There are many valid reasons for leaving the game. None of which are any of your or anyone else's business except GGG (because it is their job to keep customers). They don't need your help.

2) I highly doubt that people who quit due to bad drops are "not respected as people". That's as far as I'm going to go on that one.

3) Conjecture

4) Everything can be improved upon. Even your attitude.

5) I'm fairly sure GGG knows a little more intricately than you do, the statistics and general trends of their player population. Again, it's their job. (Not yours)

6) Considering and implementing are two different things and you cannot imply that because implementation does not occur that consideration was not made.

7) The suggestions already exist according to you and have existed for a long time. And may I remind you that we can "suggest" till we are blue in the faces, but GGG still does things their own way (and I applaud them for it because I LIKE the way this game is designed and enjoy playing it AS IS).

8) The mere implication that GGG has not ever implemented changes to the "drops" based on community input/suggestions is completely absurd and may be the biggest "strawman" on this short, yet long, list of 8 bullet points.

Sigh.

I like these responses.

To one Mr. johnKeys,

Instead of always looking at what the game can change to accommodate you and your play-style try looking inward at what you can change to enjoy the game more, approach, perspective, play-style etc.
Just a thought, gl.
Noblesse oblige
john reminds me of a light version of ARPGFan.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
johnKeys wrote:
earned with skill/dedication/knowledge?

It honestly comes down to what you call skill/dedication/knowledge. I've got the skill/dedication/knowledge you need to play PoE, you probably have the skill/dedication/knowledge to play DQ etc.

What PoE demands is probably nothing like what you think tradition RPGs demand and whilst a "purer" and "truer" RPG might be what you're after, PoE is unique and I kinda like it.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Oct 20, 2014, 3:32:12 PM
JK is sort of right. From 0-65 you have a smooth progression. After level 70 or so, the drops just DO NOT match the rest of the content. Yes, you can by crafted gear and gear dropped in high level maps, but the amount of upgrades dropping for 65+ players are depressing.

But this game is more centered around trade and currency grind than it is around drops. Fun for some, boring for some. But we all have to adapt, because we can't have it both ways.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Oct 20, 2014, 3:34:19 PM
having a hard time keeping up with answering good posts now.
there certainly are more than I thought and I only read about 3 pages thoroughly (basically skimmed through much of the rest).

need to get some rest now, and log out of the forum.
will reply a bit later.

you are however more than welcome to keep discussing.
please do so in a mature and mutually respectful manner.

EDIT: removed the Spoiler, as it lost meaningful context after Jared's moderation. a correct moderation at that. my comment in it was in bad taste, and had no place here.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 20, 2014, 3:59:20 PM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
something that really made my blood boil.

[li]how many times did you get a drop you felt you deserved?
earned with skill/dedication/knowledge?

Push the limits of the game consistently, and you will have some drops that make you happy. Muck about in the comfortable range, and you'll seldom see anything exciting.

But this ain't true, you can play PoE 100000 hours and you might not get any good drops. That I think is the problem with "RNG" in PoE.
IGN = DeizeCoC, DeizeCi, DeizeNUTS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info