let's talk about your responses to "I Quit because loot system" threads

"
terrex wrote:
If you actually played instead of just posting this on the forums you'd actually see the potential of drops. You don't though.. It just doesn't happen.

30 sec writing this posting. 5 min writing longer ones.
30 sec nothing drops. 5 min mainly shitty blues and whites
You are wrong.
"
Hilbert wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
If you actually played instead of just posting this on the forums you'd actually see the potential of drops. You don't though.. It just doesn't happen.

You are wrong.

You got some pretty high expectations expecting awesome items in 5 minutes.

What kinda games you been playing that reward you like that for no reason? Wow, that is exciting.
"
terrex wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

You are wrong.

What kinda games you been playing that reward you like that for no reason? Wow, that is exciting.

1) Make stupid unrealistic post
2) Get called out for making stupid unrealistic post
3) Convince yourself that you werent the stupid one, make another stupid post
4) Profit?
"just for try, for see and for know"
i dont understand those ragey "i quit" threads in general, the only reason to make a thread that contains "i quit" in the title is to inform your mates that youre not playing anymore, not for feedback, if they want to provide feedback they shouldnt piss and moan cause something happened to them and now theyre drama queens that are leaving forever...

/ramble
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
"
jdilly23 wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:

You are wrong.

4) Profit?

What?
"
terrex wrote:
"
jdilly23 wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

4) Profit?

What?

i think he called your post stupid
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Oct 20, 2014, 11:42:11 AM
Last edited by RandallPOE on Oct 20, 2014, 11:46:08 AM
Why would anyone quit because of the loot system? I thought everyone liked finding massive amounts of items to vendor and trade while simultaneously collecting currency for "long term goals" and not finding any useful gear to wear?

I mean, what purpose would people have to play if they knew that they had a decent chance of looting something useful when they played? It would be chaos!

What does loot 'relevancy' even mean? What is that? No one wants it. They want piles and piles of randoms to sift through and valuate and vendor and stash.

Every time I play, I am always looking forward to the 1) collect randoms until inventory full 2) go to town and sell 90-100% of randoms to vendors 3) stack the little bit of currency into my stash. THIS is a fun loot system. Like, all I want to do is vendor stuff and put stuff in my stash. I don't really care about my character getting better or more appropriate items or anything.

Edit:
Spoiler
Ok, so this is clearly an exaggeration.
I actually think that self-found is much more viable in PoE than in Diablo 2, which is great.
Still, my sarcasm spawns from genuine dislikes of PoE's loot system.
I prefer less loot that is more meaningful to more loot that is less meaningful.
I prefer to not have to sift through tons and tons of random loot
in order to find a piece that is suitable for my character.
I prefer that loot drops with purpose rather than purposelessness.
Overall, I prefer relevant loot to be dominant over irrelevant loot.
If I wanted a bunch of irrelevant loot, then I would play in a full party and try to coat the ground with a rediculous amount of items, but I play self found. Therefore, I could do without the piles and piles of loot that have no relation to my character and be content with primarily finding items that have a fair chance to synergize with my character.
If I quit PoE, the loot system would absolutely be one of the driving forces for me quitting.
The other driving forces would probably include socket crafting, obvious bugs that go unfixed for long stretches of time, the tediousness of managing found items (largely tied to the loot system), terrible unique item structure and design, ESC+EXIT gameplay, too much emphasis on defenses needed in passive tree investments, ...
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
Last edited by Perfect_Black on Oct 20, 2014, 2:36:31 PM
TL:DR

Just play the game, complaining about drops wont get you much
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I have leveled a grand total of 2 characters through Merciless in my short time here.

First character, Level 68 Witch, dropped only three unique items which I can ever use.

Spoiler

Clearly, those are not end game, but leveling items. Completely useless to the character that was finding them drop in Cruel difficulties.

Second character, now 73, finally dropped a useful Unique in a corrupted area I found farming docks.

Spoiler

The irony of course is that I had grinded out enough Chaos Orbs to purchase that exact same unique approximately two weeks before hand, meaning this drop was little more than a slight % increase on my ES due to a slightly better roll.

Two characters leveled through Merciless Dominus and I have dropped exactly two useful unique items for characters outside of Normal difficulty.

Everything else on my build right now is the result of Chaos-Orb grinding and sitting in trade chat for 4-6 hours looking for a decent deal while the purchasing power of my orbs drops like a rock.

On the other hand my level 20 Witch in Diablo III is on its fourth useful Legendary already.

That may have something to do with why Blizzard and not GGG received a check from me this past weekend.

PoE is fun but the RNG-Grind loot system is pushing me away from spending that much time (and any $) here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info