let's talk about your responses to "I Quit because loot system" threads

"
Crackmonster wrote:
So many people getting shafted... and loving it. Some masochistic tendencies going on. Add some circlejerk and some selfrigtheousness and tadaaa, you got 70% of the PoE community.

Some people understand that easier doesn't always mean better.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:
So many people getting shafted... and loving it. Some masochistic tendencies going on. Add some circlejerk and some selfrigtheousness and tadaaa, you got 70% of the PoE community.

Other people do not understand that harder doesn't always mean better.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Oct 21, 2014, 1:03:14 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:

Other people do not understand that harder doesn't always mean better.

and most people can't properly define what "easier" or "harder" means :)

just a side-comment.

back to reading posts.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
something that really made my blood boil.

yes, people who make such threads can be asking for attention more than anything else.
yes, some (most?) of them can continue playing after that, reducing the validity of their firm "I QUIT!" statement.

it matters little.

and this is something that makes my blood boil, so let me have a rant here
it does not matter little
it does not matter LITTLE

When someone does a non-trolling 'I quit' Tolstoy novel-sized post, I fully expect them to quit. To do otherwise is simply dishonest.

However, most people who write such posts don't write the post with intention of actually quitting.
It's simply a bad hyperbole, a blown up exaggeration, sensationalist attention whoring 'look at me, my opinion is super important' wrapped in a narrative of their choice.

They say they quit and then they are still playing the game and complaining about the next thing

In laymens term, we call it a lie. Yes, no matter how hard they try to deny, it's a lie.

So if I'm a dev, and I see a person do this, I simply stop taking them seriously, period. This is a boy who cried wolf situation. If you decided to do a cry for attention using what is really a LIE, you simply don't deserve my time. It's simple courtesy. You may have a 5 star master thesis on PoE lined up and I won't read a single word of it.

Can you imagine it going to your boss and saying 'you suck the company sucks I quit' with a 10 page manifesto.... And then coming back a few days later on some 'nah I was just joking' shit ?
Me neither.

yes, I'm aware, this is the internet when words matter little. but if Im a dev and see these kind of posts, I want people to take responsibility for their posts. you (not directed at anyone in particular here) do not matter than anyone else. you are not entitled to anything. if you quit, quit. Don't use the threat to quit as a fucking excuse to vent (if you want for people to take your feedback seriously and not hold you for a clown/troll/addict). It's disgusting. It's dishonest. It's childish.

and this is 100% serious, I only sincerely and wholeheartedly hope GGG feels the same way about these 'I quit. this is why' *2 weeks later* 'I finally quit because' *2 weeks later* 'you done fucked up Im leaving' posts.
Last edited by grepman on Oct 21, 2014, 2:36:28 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
no one will agree with drop rates no matter what they are. ppl still whine in d3 forums and you are gg in two weeks. or in case of noliffer like kripp one week. its still not good enough for some ppl.

all opinions are valid but i am free to disagee as well. I like poe drop rates as is...makes good drops feel special.

Yes even if it was 50 leg per hours some ppl will still say it's not enought in d3
Last time I played ros (befor the season) it was 8 legs per hours and with that it was full bis in 2 weeks....
Last edited by keta on Oct 21, 2014, 10:19:52 AM
I actually don't play as much as I used too because I'm tired of grinding more and more stuff every season.

I now I have grind and possibly regrind masters every season.

I have to grind vaal gems + vaal area.

I have to grind for fragments then grind for a character that can beat that boss.

I have to grind an MF character to grind more gear for other characters.

I have to regrind all 3 areas again 3x over like the previous season, and since they are planning to keep in cruel grind 4 areas 3x over.

Ect.

Jesus I'll go play WoW or an MMO or something.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 21, 2014, 6:10:16 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
The gear looks so awful compared to my characters on standard where just the chest armour costs 20x as much as all that gear put together...

That's what I mean. Such a taste of unfinished build. I have the same kind of gear on my characters.
No 6l in your gear, no expensive unique. You'll never try any of the really expensive stuff, because they are so rare.

Why put 6l in the game if you can only get them with unhealthy amount of game time?
Why put high tier unique if you can never get them?
Why put exalted and eternals if you can never use them (you can but it's a total waste)?

I mean you stopped there, because at some point there's no way finishing your build is worth the sick grind.

Don't you think the game would be better if anyone would be able to do 6l, or to use an exalted once in a while.
For high tier uniques it's a bit tricky because some are totally overpowered (almost all builds can do better with shav + tons of auras or acuity for crits...). But I would love to be able to test all uniques.
I don't mean to get all fast. But 1 week of grind for a top tier item, not 2 months.

I think this game would be better with a little shift towards casual play. There's already years of contents buildwise and races and temp leagues... Why force players to go so slow through it?
"
grepman wrote:

and this is something that makes my blood boil, so let me have a rant here
it does not matter little
it does not matter LITTLE

When someone does a non-trolling 'I quit' Tolstoy novel-sized post, I fully expect them to quit. To do otherwise is simply dishonest.

However, most people who write such posts don't write the post with intention of actually quitting.
It's simply a bad hyperbole, a blown up exaggeration, sensationalist attention whoring 'look at me, my opinion is super important' wrapped in a narrative of their choice.

They say they quit and then they are still playing the game and complaining about the next thing

In laymens term, we call it a lie. Yes, no matter how hard they try to deny, it's a lie.

So if I'm a dev, and I see a person do this, I simply stop taking them seriously, period. This is a boy who cried wolf situation. If you decided to do a cry for attention using what is really a LIE, you simply don't deserve my time. It's simple courtesy. You may have a 5 star master thesis on PoE lined up and I won't read a single word of it.

Can you imagine it going to your boss and saying 'you suck the company sucks I quit' with a 10 page manifesto.... And then coming back a few days later on some 'nah I was just joking' shit ?
Me neither.

yes, I'm aware, this is the internet when words matter little. but if Im a dev and see these kind of posts, I want people to take responsibility for their posts. you (not directed at anyone in particular here) do not matter than anyone else. you are not entitled to anything. if you quit, quit. Don't use the threat to quit as a fucking excuse to vent (if you want for people to take your feedback seriously and not hold you for a clown/troll/addict). It's disgusting. It's dishonest. It's childish.

and this is 100% serious, I only sincerely and wholeheartedly hope GGG feels the same way about these 'I quit. this is why' *2 weeks later* 'I finally quit because' *2 weeks later* 'you done fucked up Im leaving' posts.

It does matter little, as long as you don't go out of your way to hurt people. When you are frustrated or enraged by something PoE, sometimes just any kind of action helps you deal with it. You can take your keyboard and hit yourself over the head with it, you can uninstall with steam coming out of your ears, or you can tell the whole world that you will never play this game again.

Concerning the latter, it is not a lie, it's just another way to blow off some steam. I'm sure most people who say they quit firmly believe that they do. But once they calmed down, and come to realize the lack of alternatives and the error of their ways, and remember all the good things about PoE, they relent.
"

That's what I mean. Such a taste of unfinished build. I have the same kind of gear on my characters.
No 6l in your gear, no expensive unique. You'll never try any of the really expensive stuff, because they are so rare.

But when is it finished? Jake is in general discussion Vaaling 6 link Shavs for +1 gems trying to finish his build, and even when he gets one unless its a near perfect legacy Shavs then its not finished is it? Perfection rarely exists in this game, finished is not something that is really possible. Every time they make the game easier and gear more available it never works, because people are always comparing themselves to others who have played for 10x longer who will always have better gear.

I found a 275 pdps harbinger on day 4 of rampage league and 6 linked it the next day. It's maybe the 4th item I have 6linked. I've found kaoms hearts, voltaxics blah blah. Not in the 3 or 4 weeks Ive been self found in hardcore of course, but it happens, you do 6 link stuff, you do find top tier uniques, and the only reason theres so much joy when it happens is because it doesnt happen every week.

"

Why put 6l in the game if you can only get them with unhealthy amount of game time?

because otherwise you make a crappy game with no longevity like D3.

"

Why put exalted and eternals if you can never use them (you can but it's a total waste)?

I agree the drop rate of eternals and exalts is far too rare, given the power of the new multimod from eleron I have no idea what they are trying to protect any more with these drop rates but theyre absurd and should be buffed by huge amounts.

"

Don't you think the game would be better if anyone would be able to do 6l

no I really dont man, I think that would be the end of this game. A lot of players dont even make it past cruel, but lets presume you are talking about endgame only players, even then so many are so casual that if they could be guaranteed a 6 link with the 20 hours or so they put into endgame then this game would be dead. The sure 6 link is there now, 1500 fusing, if anyone wants it there it is, grind for it.

"

I mean you stopped there, because at some point there's no way finishing your build is worth the sick grind.

I think this game would be better with a little shift towards casual play. There's already years of contents buildwise and races and temp leagues... Why force players to go so slow through it?

shift towards casual play? The game has shifted too much towards casual play, its become such a joke that I have had to quit playing trade game softcore and go hardcore to play completely solo self found just to actually find a real game in here again. Not some nonsense where you play for 5 days and boom, you now have gear that beats every map in the game with your eyes closed.

I didnt stop anywhere, Im enjoying taking my time, thats why I am there. The game is the journey, that bit between beginning and end is where we get to play and have fun, its like you are going into a movie and saying hey, this 2 hour film, can we make it 5 minutes long so that people who dont like to watch a movie can get to see the end? RoS is there to play, fully casual viable, play the game for 2 weeks and you now have bis gear and theres nothing left to play for, youre done. If that is what you want you can go play it any time.

Doesnt matter if you are in Cruel Lunaris, Merciless Lunaris, Temple or Shrine, its the same thing, all that matters is that you have somewhere left to go and the means to go there, because that is the game, the bit in the middle where you play. People dont care about playing, they just have this urge to own the epeen trophies for their own sake and then theyre done, on to the next thing. Sure, the game has to be rewarding, and some of what you say I agree with, but if you are not judging those rewards on how they let you progress in the game and instead compare them to what you have once youve finished the game then its a warped perspective that wont be satisfied until theres no game left to play.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
I actually don't play as much as I used too because I'm tired of grinding more and more stuff every season.

I now I have grind and possibly regrind masters every season.

I have to grind vaal gems + vaal area.

I have to grind for fragments then grind for a character that can beat that boss.

I have to grind an MF character to grind more gear for other characters.

I have to regrind all 3 areas again 3x over like the previous season, and since they are planning to keep in cruel grind 4 areas 3x over.

Ect.

Jesus I'll go play WoW or an MMO or something.

It's a grinding game and you complain about grind ? It's like play car game and complain about driving car...
Last edited by keta on Oct 21, 2014, 10:31:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info