Humble nooblet summoner question

Is there a list of pro vs con on having 2 Midnight Bargain vs Montegrul's? I love summoners in games, but can't tell which would be better since one will halve the number but make stronger/healthier

Also, what skill do you pick after getting summons? Just health or do you have a damage skill of your own?
2 Midnight Bargain's

Pros:
- 5 Specrtre's should provide better DPS than Mon'tregul's Grasp
- More minions may give you better survivability (more meat shield's)
Cons:
- 60% of your life will be reserved
- No shield

Mon'tregul's Grasp

Pros:
- Your DPS won't be lowered from minions bumping into each other as much
- You won't need to run Purity of Elements for your zombies
- You can use a shield
Cons:
- You won't have as many minions to protect you

"
MatthewExile wrote:
Also, what skill do you pick after getting summons? Just health or do you have a damage skill of your own?

Summoners typically pick nodes that will increase their life and survivability but it depends on your build. Common summoner skill gems are Convocation, Flesh Offering, Bone Offering and Desecrate.
Last edited by Jake_GGG on Oct 19, 2014, 11:01:55 PM
Thank you very much! This game has so much variety. The more I learn, the more that I need to learn it would seem! :)
After survivability summoners also focus on auras.

Haste, hatred, anger, wrath for dps.
Discipline, purities mostly for defense (grace, determination for very heavy aura builds).

That's almost the only way to increase dps after minion nodes and a very efficient way to increase defense. So those reduced mana reserve and increase aura effect nodes are very usefull.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info