Found my first unique worth >2 ex

"
BackwoodsS wrote:
Just about my first unique to ever drop was a pair of rainbows on short allocation. Somebody nabbed them before i could pick them up. It really bumbed me out and I think short allocation is the worst loot system for pub games.

To be fair, if the loot was set to FFA instead of SA there would be no blame and you just might have said "congrats!" to who got it in that case? The whole problem was that you knew it was for you and then you didn’t get it, this is the worst part of SA for sure.

I get much more 'bummed out' when I lose a high level HC character, and lose plenty more then one item or orb, not even considering the time loss. I have come to terms with that so many times that losing a single item in a SA game would never - ever - ever -even slightly bother me now. The excitement of seeing a good drop that I need to race over and get in my pack is enough to justify seeking out SA and FFA games for me.

Also, its doubtful you will find yourself in a SA game again unless you want to, but for the record - its always worth it to say something. Very often I see a the guy who picked up a good item give it to the person it was for when asked, I personally have returned 2+ ex items to people who said something politely.
"
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
Just about my first unique to ever drop was a pair of rainbows on short allocation. Somebody nabbed them before i could pick them up. It really bumbed me out and I think short allocation is the worst loot system for pub games.

To be fair, if the loot was set to FFA instead of SA there would be no blame and you just might have said "congrats!" to who got it in that case? The whole problem was that you knew it was for you and then you didn’t get it, this is the worst part of SA for sure.

But if you're playing in any loot allocation mode in general and you are getting noticeably less loot than in PA, you will still wind up disliking it.

Sure, a single drop here or there can create a sense of frustration. But I think that losing out on drops repeatedly would only cause this frustration to build up at a slower rate. Unless of course you can hardly get anything, in which cause the frustration will build rather quickly.

--

The reason that SA and FFA are unpopular is because they are not balanced for the general playerbase. They are way too biased towards certain factors to make it more favorable for certain players. Low ping players with tanky builds that have good reaction times do well while high ping players with non-tanky builds and slow reaction times don't. For the general playerbase, this is true. The allocation modes are good when players want to be competitive because they believe they have the best 'factors', but for those who know they don't, it's really unfair.

/end rant
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Oct 20, 2014, 2:31:22 PM
I once grabbed a 20/19 Annihilus after pretending to help in killing UberDiablo. Damn, that was the best moment in my video gaming history. Stealing never did feel any better :D
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
"
Broliciously wrote:
I once grabbed a 20/19 Annihilus after pretending to help in killing UberDiablo. Damn, that was the best moment in my video gaming history. Stealing never did feel any better :D

Lolz

Did this with a torch once, but felt bad so gave it back.

I liked it in D2 when you picked up the unique rings and then you get some guy in your party going bat shit crazy asking what it was. Perfect troll fodder :D
"

I get much more 'bummed out' when I lose a high level HC character, and lose plenty more then one item or orb, not even considering the time loss. I have come to terms with that so many times that losing a single item in a SA game would never - ever - ever -even slightly bother me now. The excitement of seeing a good drop that I need to race over and get in my pack is enough to justify seeking out SA and FFA games for me.

Also, its doubtful you will find yourself in a SA game again unless you want to, but for the record - its always worth it to say something. Very often I see a the guy who picked up a good item give it to the person it was for when asked, I personally have returned 2+ ex items to people who said something politely.

Thats true but i never said FFA bothers me. Sorta like second place is a bigger let down than third place. Dieing doesn't bother me if it is mostly my fault. Losing items as part of the game is just that, part of the game. I just don't like being around people that treat others poorly. I did ask for it, no response.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info