Best defense for RF iron will marauder ?

Decided to do a RF character now that snapshot is fixed. gameplay is ok if a bit boring.
I usually like to figure out stuff by myself but Im a bit stumped here.

I use a carcass jack now and for endgame belly of the beast looks like a bis item for RF

so what defense is usually optimal ?

obviously cant do acro or full evasion.
I have IR now but 1) I hate IR 2)its not that great without a good ar/ev/hybrid chest.

so right now Im thinking getting a bunch of block nodes and speccing out of IR and just have a bit of armor and a bit of eva... but because I have to have rise of the phoenix spell block will lag greatly behind. with that said, increased duration nodes (and Im planning to have 6 endurance charges anyway) are so close by I can potentially get a very high duration immortal call to counter some shitty physical spells. and for elemental Ill be running purity of fire and lightning.

will that work ? even though I play scrubcore I hate dying.

anyone have some kind of input ?

thx in advance
Every build has it's ups and downs , you can't have everything . If you do on the other hand , this only means that GGG will nerf it sooner or later .
ok...I was asking whats the best defense in your opinion for this build ?
You hav stupid high regen and fire res. You can simply pop a ruby flask and or use acrtic armor.
I prefer the aoe boost of bones than the hp up and reasonable def of the beast's belly, but thats me being pervert :p
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Oct 19, 2014, 7:02:03 PM
Rumi's Flask + Vaal Grace
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
ok thx for the replies guys !
I decided to roll with rumis + get some nearby block nodes
will do a manual IC for oh shit physical damage situations
Best is Cloak of defiance or Lightning Coil if going over max resists route. Just depends.

I run lvl 23 purities and innerforce and 46% aura buffs for +8 max fire and take less life regen, so obviously its no big deal to stick purity of lightning in there too for +8 max.

Lightning coil at 83% & 96% with flask needs no immortal call setup lol. It's like 45,000 armor.

See this thread for CoD route
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1068509
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 19, 2014, 11:37:33 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Best is Cloak of defiance or Lightning Coil if going over max resists route. Just depends.

I run lvl 23 purities and innerforce and 46% aura buffs for +8 max fire and take less life regen, so obviously its no big deal to stick purity of lightning in there too for +8 max.

Lightning coil at 83% & 96% with flask needs no immortal call setup lol. It's like 45,000 armor.

See this thread for CoD route
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1068509

thanks for the link and advice

I forgot to say I wasnt really considering lightning coil
first, being shocked sucks with RF

but biggest real reason is just its too generic for my taste. I want my chest to give me a damage/life or AoE bonus.
lightning coil is just becoming an item everyone and their moms use.

I guess I can use it as stopgap solution if physical damage starts to get serious for me with my desired setup.
If you invest the 7 points needed for 7 endurance charges (including regen and duration) that'll give you around the same mitigation as a Coil, as well as 1.4% regen and overcapped resistances. EC + faster casting + echo produces an almost instant cast time that you can pull off in the middle of a pack of mobs easily.

Another thing that works well with endurance charges is enfeeble on low level CWDT. Just another source of flat damage reduction.

Self casting immortal call is in my opinion not a good primary defence but it only requires a 2-link so its ok to have it socketed for those moments.

As for gear choice I feel like evasion is slightly better than armour considering you can have those flat reductions instead quite easily but getting avoidance is harder (dodge is out, block requires a lot of investment with RoTP). Evasion combines nicely with enfeeble too (the reduced enemy accuracy makes it more effective.)

I also think getting EV/ES hybrid armour is not a bad idea because that ES will boost your RF damage pool and you should have enough regen to cope with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info