i have a hard time getting maps to drop

ever since forsaken masters released and i started in the new league i am having a really hard time keeping up any sort of map pool above lvl 71.

it seems to be fine up to lvl 69 but after that i just don't get any maps. i'm still struggling keeping up my lvl 72 map pool of which i have like 5 and i have been playing pretty much every day since the league started. it's starting to feel a little depressing :)

i even rolled many many maps very well like this with 95% quantity: http://www.bilddump.se/bilder/20141019230523-88.129.161.202.jpg but more often than not i just end up with zero map drops altogether.

before fm when i played on standard i had no problems getting maps but i did higher maps there mostly 75-78 so maybe that's why i was doing ok there. droprate is better in higher maps i seem to recall.

i have a theory i need to reach 75 maps or higher to be able to build a decent map pool. if anyone can confirm this theory it would make more sense.

anyone else struggling?

Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 19, 2014, 5:12:49 PM
I got one of those unique reef maps and went into trade channel and offered to trade it for a decent amount of higher level maps, as I was having no luck at all breaking the level 71 map range. Some guy answered and asked me what I considered a "decent" amount. I told them I don't know because I never had a high level map.

The guy asked me a few questions about my build and if I thought I was ready for higher level maps and I answered honestly. After talking for a while he just gave me a bunch of maps for free. wouldn't even take the reef map.

There are good folks out there :D

That being said, and after using up all my chisels and the higher level maps they gave me I ended up without any left. It occurred to me that I really had no business playing a game where the end game requires luck to play, and I had none. This is a good game , for the lucky, but for people like me there is no challenge, because there is no way to sustain a high map pool when you have crap luck.

I still run a map or two every once in a while, but for the most part I have moved on to a game where endgame is based on skill and not luck.
Last edited by Xtorma_Xtorma on Oct 19, 2014, 5:25:31 PM
There are no theories or any for that matter you either win RNG or you don't my basic law was simple and I fully solo mind you.

74+ Was chisels

I have so many 74+ maps that It's probably 7-8 tabs full of it? I dunno so I changed the law between to 77+ now to chisel

It's all RNG their nothing you can do well maybe a cart box can change but those are fucking rare as fuck now. I've only encountered one and thankfully it was in a 78 map

In short you just need to keep grinding the best you can and maintain your sanity fuck I did solo and I have like 2 tabs full of 77s 78s then again I play all day.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
There are no theories or any for that matter you either win RNG or you don't my basic law was simple and I fully solo mind you.

74+ Was chisels

I have so many 74+ maps that It's probably 7-8 tabs full of it? I dunno so I changed the law between to 77+ now to chisel

It's all RNG their nothing you can do well maybe a cart box can change but those are fucking rare as fuck now. I've only encountered one and thankfully it was in a 78 map

In short you just need to keep grinding the best you can and maintain your sanity fuck I did solo and I have like 2 tabs full of 77s 78s then again I play all day.

You are the KING
Isn't a RNG based progression system fun?
Thx for your input people. I know about the dreaded rn generator but i have another theory i have been working on that the drop rate of maps are lowered in the new leagues since fm release. Maybe because of the introduction of zana.

I_no: Do you have all those maps in standard or the new leagues?

Xtorma_Xtorma: I actually have one of those unique reef maps. Could try selling it. I'm low on orbs too so i can't really afford buying a bunch of maps anyway. It's expensive outfitting your charachters if you play more than once :)

If no one can confirm my theories i may have to start chiseling earlier than i used to do. I think i may have to start putting 4x chisels on 71 maps, alch them and go. With the occassional reroll on mods like temp chains i despise.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 19, 2014, 5:57:28 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
Thx for your input people. I know about the dreaded rn generator but i have another theory i have been working on that the drop rate of maps are lowered in the new leagues since fm release. Maybe because of the introduction of zana.

I_no: Do you have all those maps in standard or the new leagues?

Xtorma_Xtorma: I actually have one of those unique reef maps. Could try selling it. I'm low on orbs too so i can't really afford buying a bunch of maps anyway. It's expensive outfitting your charachters if you play more than once :)

If no one can confirm my theories i may have to start chiseling earlier than i used to do. I think i may have to start putting 4x chisels on 71 maps, alch them and go. With the occassional reroll on mods like temp chains i despise.

I'm in rampage =X
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
You assume that endgame should be fun. I actually thought it might be this league, for the first time, as I had managed to build up my map pool to 9 76's, 3 77's and 3 78's. I ran them all alched and chiseled. I'm now down to one 76 and one 78. So for a little while this game was actually fun. Right now I just want to put my fist through the screen which is the same feeling I've had at end game with all my other characters (10+ level 80+ chars). RNG is bullshit. Some people will always be on the short end of the stick and GGG seems to be completely ok with that. I get the distinct impression they are too busy looking at stat spreadsheets and don't play their own game. Or they think that RNG will even out. For some it does, for some it doesn't.

It's a real pity because other than map drops sucking badly unless you are lucky this game is awesome. And what does GGG do with the good thing they had going with Carto's... NERF, NERF and NERF again. Spent 40 chaos trying to get good mods on the last one I saw and finally did. Got 2 maps at the level of the map I was in (75), none higher. Why did I even bother trying to get good mods? Carto's may as well not even exist because their effect is now negligeable unless you are lucky of course.

I really want to like this game but unfortunately I'm just frustrated most of the time.
Last edited by greatwhitepine on Oct 20, 2014, 7:07:15 AM
"
You assume that endgame should be fun. I actually thought it might be this league, for the first time, as I had managed to build up my map pool to 9 76's, 3 77's and 3 78's. I ran them all alched and chiseled. I'm now down to one 76 and one 78. So for a little while this game was actually fun. Right now I just want to put my fist through the screen which is the same feeling I've had at end game with all my other characters (10+ level 80+ chars). RNG is bullshit. Some people will always be on the short end of the stick and GGG seems to be completely ok with that. I get the distinct impression they are too busy looking at stat spreadsheets and don't play their own game. Or they think that RNG will even out. For some it does, for some it doesn't.

It's a real pity because other than map drops sucking badly unless you are lucky this game is awesome. And what does GGG do with the good thing they had going with Carto's... NERF, NERF and NERF again. Spent 40 chaos trying to get good mods on the last one I saw and finally did. Got 2 maps at the level of the map I was in (75), none higher. Why did I even bother trying to get good mods? Carto's may as well not even exist because their effect is now negligeable unless you are lucky of course.

I really want to like this game but unfortunately I'm just frustrated most of the time.

Just go for volume. Run more maps and don't get discouraged. Volume beats rng.

I've build up a map pool (20+ 75+ maps) from scratch in almost every league. The only thing that gets there consistently is just keep running them no matter what.

Avoid over-rolling stuff. Once you have an ok set of mods, go with that. It's better to get ok mods, then spend loads of currency to get that extra 10-20%. 40c's on a box is too much imo. You might want to consider alt/aug + regal.
@ greatwhitepine,

Map scarcity somewhere at the 80+ lvl is deliberate by GGG to force people into trading and partying. It is ridiculous IMO and not simply just random/RNG luck. I'm also convinced the entire game isn't truly "random", but is a skewed or weighted RNG according to whatever the game sees on your char and in your stash as you level up, in order to drag out your progress. Add that to the desync and the very inconvienent, time-wasting trading system and it becomes extremely frustrating to bother with this game.

Having to set up a "shop" and constantly spam bump your thread, or post on a 3rd party site (xyz), or tolerate endless Trade chat spam in-game?? That's supposed to be a serious attempt at a game model, when most people just want to log in and actually play?

You reach a point where it isn't fun anymore, it's bullshit. I've spent my share on MTX and have considered supporter packs, but GGG won't get another cent from me until they do something to make it less miserable to play. Had I known before, I would not have purchased any MTX.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info