Mob silence curse

Freeze happens a lot so 90% of builds I'd wager carry a health pot that can dispel freeze. Curse removal is really situational, I used to carry such a pot, but nowdays I'd rather have remove freeze/bleed, with rest being seething life pots and crit recharging resist pots.

Carrying curse remove pot just for this one situation is kinda silly. And I'm mostly irritated by the duration and inability to do anything during that time. It's just not fun, and for me design of the game should be centered around players actually having fun playing the game.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
tmaciak wrote:
Happy kiteing in Zana mission Academy boss room...

BTDT yesterday, while all 3 mates died and eliminated the portals (without being silented, but would not have changed anything from the situation, maybe beside the time to kill him)
And it should not imply that it will keep you alive under all circumstances, it just increases your chances ;)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Oct 21, 2014, 8:33:41 AM
"
Odoakar wrote:
and for me design of the game should be centered around players actually having fun playing the game.

Wrong assumption: the game is (and should be) designed to do its best to KILL you. I doubt that this is equal to fun for most players - but for SOME its the reason they play such games ;)

Freeze happens a lot? It depends on the mobs you face (and their abilities) - its just the most dangerous and noticeable status effect; followed from the risk of 'bonus' damage caused by shock; burning can mostly compensated with the least effort. Bleed from puncture and CB also happens more and more over time...
Basically, you say you haven't enough flask spaces - some builds would need more keys for skills... we have to live with what we have ^^

But in general, I agree that 10 sec is a very hard 'penalty'.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
are you ever beeing frozen?

Not even remotely similar.

Why not, where's the significant difference?

One is a status ailment with variable duration that is determined by comparing damage taken to max life. Duration can be reduced further by increasing max life, resistances from gear, Purity of Ice, and Sapphire Flasks. If that duration is below a certain threshold, there is no effect; if there is an effect, you can thaw yourself instantly with a flask effect.

The other is a curse with set duration that interacts with no other player attributes. There are no preemptive countermeasures to build with, and you suffer the full effect of a curse irregardless unless you dispell instantly with a flask effect.

From a design perspective they are nothing alike. And again, I must mention that curses have the opportunity to significantly alter the dynamics of an encounter, but that opportunity has not been realized in light of the Warding affix. Curses either suck and there's nothing you can do about it, or they are irrelevant because you're carrying a flask. That dynamic is not terribly inspiring.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
tmaciak wrote:
Happy kiteing in Zana mission Academy boss room...

BTDT yesterday, while all 3 mates died and eliminated the portals (without being silented, but would not have changed anything from the situation, maybe beside the time to kill him)

You know, I also did him few times, in time that guarantees, that next time, I just do another map in time that would be wasted on killing him.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info