Mob silence curse

"
Odoakar wrote:
but this is the only curse that outright prevents you from playing the game.

are you ever beeing frozen? ^^ While silented you still can at least kite, and use things like traps...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I'd say change it to be similar to blind.

A 50% chance for your spells to fizzle and not cast at all rather than an outright halt.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
It is quite rare.

Those mods are just made to kill players when they are surrounded or tanking with spells.
Kind of evil design.
Forum pvp
planting 2 totems...check
opening box.... check
getting hit by mobs Oo ?
checking totems ....are they broken ?
ohh right silence curse

love it
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:
but this is the only curse that outright prevents you from playing the game.

are you ever beeing frozen? ^^ While silented you still can at least kite, and use things like traps...

Not even remotely similar.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
It's just a fun gameplay mechanic at all, it just hits you and either you have to bring the flask for that off chance you hit a hexfont rare, or sit around for a few seconds for some reason instead of playing the game.
"
j33bus wrote:
It's just not a fun gameplay mechanic at all, it just hits you and either you have to bring the flask for that off chance you hit a hexfont rare, or sit around for a few seconds for some reason instead of playing the game.

I'm still not sure I agree with that. Do you think it could be a fun (an opportunity for game-altering dynamic situations) if the duration were only 2-3s, and possibly there was a greater variety to what it could shut down--attacks, specific skill keywords, etc.?

2-3s is not long enough to be terribly disruptive towards actually playing the game, but it is just long enough to provide a hiccup that, if it caught you unawares, could be fatal. Totally player error at that point, with opportunity for genuine decision making--is that 2-3s deadly enough to pop a warding, or can you afford to just wait it out?

I still think it could be a solid idea just with poor implementation.

(FTFY btw; you missed "not" in "It's just a fun gameplay mechanic" ;D)

Edit:
Idea about variety could be interesting, but complicated to implement given that greater variety requires greater clarity in conveying just what is being affected. That's a problem with curses in general though, at least to the degree I see them as potentially beneficial to the game. I've always thought monster-only curses had the opportunity to dramatically change the way an encounter is played out, but implementation of curses against players has never really lived up to that potential. Again, warding as a mod really effs any potential for that too.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Oct 20, 2014, 1:31:40 PM
I am probably one of the few people around that dislikes the flask system in its entirety. Every character carries the same mandatory flask setups. No real decision making needed by me as a player nor any creativity in implementation by designers. Probably pretty lonely in this opinion though.
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
are you ever beeing frozen?

Not even remotely similar.

Why not, where's the significant difference?
Both effects can be dispelled with a appropriate flask.

With silence you can still move/kite, and use direct attacks, traps, totem, minions... - but therefore it lasts longer than a 'usual' freeze (wich is much more likely to kill you if you're under attacks (unmovable), have empty flasks or not enough regeneration.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
While silented you still can at least kite

Happy kiteing in Zana mission Academy boss room...
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Oct 21, 2014, 5:30:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info