These two things just dropped from a vaaled strongbox

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Booshad wrote:
Oh my bad sorry.... On another note, I got a 6 socket Commander's Brigandine(not that great) and I read on another thread this morning that increasing the quality via armor scraps can decrease the amount of fuses to link a 6 socket.....Well, I decided to test this theory, and I tried that(put the quality on it when it was white) and then used an orb of alchemy on it and since I had a ton of fuses, I thought I'd try it, but I wasn't going to waste more than 25 fuses and then on the 19th fuse, it linked all 6 sockets. The stats are crappy though, but it's not corrupted, so I'm wondering if it's worth holding onto to see if I can get better stats?.....

You lost the quality as soon as you used a fuse.
Linking while white means it only costs 4 scraps each fuse for 20% qual every time.

But you linked it, so just note for future. Don't alch it until linked, if you are wanting to use scraps to up the odds of linking.

You make good points, but I would think I could then just use scour on it and then re-add the quality and then alch it again(rinse and repeat until I get what I want), since scour removes everything anyway....
"
Booshad wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Booshad wrote:
Oh my bad sorry.... On another note, I got a 6 socket Commander's Brigandine(not that great) and I read on another thread this morning that increasing the quality via armor scraps can decrease the amount of fuses to link a 6 socket.....Well, I decided to test this theory, and I tried that(put the quality on it when it was white) and then used an orb of alchemy on it and since I had a ton of fuses, I thought I'd try it, but I wasn't going to waste more than 25 fuses and then on the 19th fuse, it linked all 6 sockets. The stats are crappy though, but it's not corrupted, so I'm wondering if it's worth holding onto to see if I can get better stats?.....

You lost the quality as soon as you used a fuse.
Linking while white means it only costs 4 scraps each fuse for 20% qual every time.

But you linked it, so just note for future. Don't alch it until linked, if you are wanting to use scraps to up the odds of linking.

You make good points, but I would think I could then just use scour on it and then re-add the quality and then alch it again(rinse and repeat until I get what I want), since scour removes everything anyway....

You could, sure but why? That's completely inefficient and a waste of currency. Why bother using a scour and alch after every fuse when it could potentially take thousands of fusings to 6L an item. You're going to make yourself go broke trying to buy enough alchs and scours to keep that up. Then what if you actually hit something really amazing on an alch before you 6L? Now It's going to cost you 20 Armour Scraps for each fusing attempt instead of 4 if it was white. Alch+Scour or Chaos spam AFTER linking it. It only makes sense this way.

Just bc it sounds like you're new I'm going to explain thoroughly so pardon me if I'm being redundant here.

Armour scraps/Blacksmith Whetstones apply different quality depending on the color of the item. Whites=5% per, Blues=2% per, Rares/Uniques=1% per. This quality disappears after every Fusing/Jeweler attempt but ups the chance to link it successfully. Linking a 6L costs roughly on average 1500 fusings so you got EXTREMELY lucky with only 19.
My name is Statik and I'm an Altaholic. I need to make new builds. Just for try for see and for know.
"

You could, sure but why? That's completely inefficient and a waste of currency. Why bother using a scour and alch after every fuse when it could potentially take thousands of fusings to 6L an item. You're going to make yourself go broke trying to buy enough alchs and scours to keep that up. Then what if you actually hit something really amazing on an alch before you 6L? Now It's going to cost you 20 Armour Scraps for each fusing attempt instead of 4 if it was white. Alch+Scour or Chaos spam AFTER linking it. It only makes sense this way.

Just bc it sounds like you're new I'm going to explain thoroughly so pardon me if I'm being redundant here.

Armour scraps/Blacksmith Whetstones apply different quality depending on the color of the item. Whites=5% per, Blues=2% per, Rares/Uniques=1% per. This quality disappears after every Fusing/Jeweler attempt but ups the chance to link it successfully. Linking a 6L costs roughly on average 1500 fusings so you got EXTREMELY lucky with only 19.

That's the thing, since I got extremely lucky using only 19 fuses, I don't want to get rid of the 6 link as that would be foolish. Much better I think to try and create the best 6 link I can by scour/alch/chaos, whatever it takes...I mean since I would have potentially cost me 1,500 fuses anyway, I might as well spend other currency to make it better.... I won't worry about putting quality on it until I find something that I really like.
"
Booshad wrote:
"

That's the thing, since I got extremely lucky using only 19 fuses, I don't want to get rid of the 6 link as that would be foolish. Much better I think to try and create the best 6 link I can by scour/alch/chaos, whatever it takes...I mean since I would have potentially cost me 1,500 fuses anyway, I might as well spend other currency to make it better.... I won't worry about putting quality on it until I find something that I really like.

Yes of course with your existing 6L, any amount of Alchs and Scours is worth it. The hard part is done and you never need to quality it again since it's already linked. We were referring to any future linking projects. Quality and link first before alching.
My name is Statik and I'm an Altaholic. I need to make new builds. Just for try for see and for know.
Last edited by StatiK_TactiK on Oct 20, 2014, 12:41:10 PM
"
neonive wrote:
Im sure Its better than Tabula for someone, and I bet that someone would pay 1 ex for one.

this and the color setup is good for a lot of builds.
"
ffogell wrote:
"
neonive wrote:
Im sure Its better than Tabula for someone, and I bet that someone would pay 1 ex for one.

this and the color setup is good for a lot of builds.

Yeah this and this, most corrupted 6l will be a bit better than a tabula so value will be relative, especially when the colours are clearly workable here, although the stats sadly ended up near worthless.
Last edited by ZeroHate on Oct 20, 2014, 9:07:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info