change pyre ring so it have a use

You just aren't being creative enough. Pyre isn't for burning proliferation builds. At least not traditional ones. It's for doing interesting things with the cold damage conversion. Try combining it with the the dragons and you get shocking cold spells that have their reflect damage mitigated by AA. My freezing pulse crits don't even tickle against reflect mobs with this setup.
Pyre proves to be very useful in circumstances that you need to prevent corpses - necromancers, corpse-eating birds, needle hogs etc. In these situations I'll use fire trap + increased AOE + increased duration to ignite, use main skill to kill. Works great for corrupted corpse-eating bird fight & large pack of blue needle hogs!
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
"
You just aren't being creative enough. Pyre isn't for burning proliferation builds. At least not traditional ones. It's for doing interesting things with the cold damage conversion. Try combining it with the the dragons and you get shocking cold spells that have their reflect damage mitigated by AA. My freezing pulse crits don't even tickle against reflect mobs with this setup.

alrigth... then imagine the build i wanted to publish... currently lvl 93 in beyond.

burn arrow with ele prolif, pierce, phys project damage, crit multi, wed.

stacking herald of ash, ice, hatred. with a high damage crit multi harbringer. it works gg but the drop of ignite from corpses nefs solo clear since its a pure solo target arrow passing.
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
Sounds like the consensus of people here are saying "Pyre has a use, just not the specific one you want".
More like : Pyre is a unique, and I want it to be the unique it was not meant to be.

Like how people want Marylenes to be THE critical strike amulet, although I dunno what that unique was meant to be.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
"
Exialis wrote:
More like : Pyre is a unique, and I want it to be the unique it was not meant to be.

Like how people want Marylenes to be THE critical strike amulet, although I dunno what that unique was meant to be.

yee only function i ever saw of that was some sort of high crit chance punture... that wud sacrifice a ton of damage and alot of "fail" hits for 1 godly punture.

wud however think without ever using it, that better effect cud be achived in almost any other setup.

can understand gregoriels point, and its maby me goose hunting.
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
Your first thoughts are normal. It's the trap of uniques "Man, this could almost be awesome but I have to give up this, this, and this."

Generally, this is intentional about uniques. The lesson is to learn to accept them for what they are, and then to just accept that they may or may not fit the role you need.

A similar example for me is Apep's rage. It's an interesting item, but that doesn't mean it necessarily fits my build goals...

"
Your first thoughts are normal. It's the trap of uniques "Man, this could almost be awesome but I have to give up this, this, and this."

Generally, this is intentional about uniques. The lesson is to learn to accept them for what they are, and then to just accept that they may or may not fit the role you need.

A similar example for me is Apep's rage. It's an interesting item, but that doesn't mean it necessarily fits my build goals...

yes and no..

agree about ure point. but the question remaining is... did ggg take this effect on the ring into consideration when coding or is it just a random result.. if as i hope the statement i started the tread with.. corpses explodes after ingite endes, it cud be redon. to great happyness for me a most likely many others
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info