Every 2-3 times I ran the game it asks for unlock code :\

As titled. Today it happened already 2 times. I didn't do anythig on my end, same machine I use to play the game, no new hardware, no new VPNs, same isp, same ip on the internet and in my local network, no signs of "intrusion" in my poe account nor in my email... tried to search the forums (and reddit too) for a solution but I wasn't able to find any. Can anyone help me with this issue? It's starting to be tedious... I don't like leaving the game running in the background! :\

P.S.: Sorry for my crappy english:P
change your password in other pc
I would PM support if I were you, they can probably help you
"
GodKas wrote:
change your password in other pc

Why would I need to change my pw "in other pc"? My other computers are linux machines, they are all safe and clean and I don't even use them for internet stuff or playing this game. Either way my email (gmail) shows no signs of intrusions whatsoever (you can check the list of last logins).

"
Metronomy wrote:
I would PM support if I were you, they can probably help you

So if I have a technical problem with the game I need to pm them? what's the point of a technical/account support forum then? Users helping each other? Well.. So basically I need to look for a thread with the GGG tag on the left and send a PM to that person?

Anyway, thanks for the answers!
Sorry for the delay! I suspect what has happened is that your IP address has changed. This causes the system to think that you're playing from a new location.

If the location stated in the email you receive with your unlock code, then this is likely to just be an IP change. However, if the location is far away then this can be cause for concern and we would advise to change your passwords and scan your computer for any malicious software you may have obtained.

We're currently working on a new security system that will allow you to customize these settings on your account and set the sensitivity that you'd like.

If you'd like more information about the current options available, please email us at support@grindinggear.com and we'll be happy to help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info