TIL That there's a skill more desync prone than Cyclone.

Spark.

With cyclone, you can at least control the direction you are going. Spark is random and ends up teleporting you and monsters everywhere. RNG on your end =/= RNG on Server side.

GG GGG
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
unexpected.
I thought you'd write Flicker Strike Multistrike.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
unexpected.
I thought you'd write Flicker Strike Multistrike.

It's worse. Monsters teleporting around everywhere is worse than auto target.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Never used it before, so I may not understand. Enlighten me, what makes spark more desync prone than regular projectile skills? How does the random direction cause this? Can't you just aim at the floor in the relevant direction?
If you don't namelock and cast from position you wont ever desync with spells. This will actually prevent a lot of those incidents, even for attackers.
Last edited by terrex on Oct 18, 2014, 9:51:27 AM
"
terrex wrote:
If you don't namelock and cast from position you wont ever desync with spells. This will actually prevent a lot of those incidents, even for attackers.

This is what I thought too, but if this is true then the OP should have little to complain about. To me (pure melee) this has only ever been an issue with single target, cyclone and flicker strike.
What i mean is, even if i namelock or hold position, the Sparks have no determinable direction. This results in monsters on screen being hit, while monsters on server are not because it's intrinsically RNG. I doubt they can keep every single Spark in sync with the server, and thus monsters end up teleporting on client side because they weren't supposed to be hit (or be there) in the first place.
Last edited by Skyforth on Oct 18, 2014, 10:10:04 AM
Hah! This was exactly the feeling I got playing a spark char.
So I'm not alone with this.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Oh god I was not expecting this. I'm about to make a spark character.
Lulz, maybe they can work on this stuff after they get the left mouse click to function properly with targeting and movement.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info