Anyone else play with a computer like mine?

I play on Windows 7 64bit and I have 2GB Ram an AMD V140 Processor 2.30 GHz and have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series. Now I lag insanely bad and I already play on the worst everything audio completed disabled and only have 19-20 overall processes running when I play the game which is about the minimum for running Win7 64 bit. I have already edited my notepad to 10 on the textures and I get under 10 FPS all the time and 2-5 a great deal amount of times and desync fairly often. I have around 1400 deaths in just 7 days played and most are due to insane lag and or desync. Now I'm wondering if Windows XP would run any smoother and I'm aware its no longer being updated but that has no effect on someone like me. I have already tried everything I could I have my windows set to Classic and end explorer.exe before I open the game and end the Themes service too. Now does anybody else play with a computer very similar to my hardware too or no? And would windows XP even run a little better and overall use less resources than Win7 so I would be able to run this game better?
sounds like what are infamous OT poster bhavv runs
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I don't know many terms on this game yet I'm still a big newb : (
"
I play on Windows 7 64bit and I have 2GB Ram an AMD V140 Processor 2.30 GHz and have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series. Now I lag insanely bad and I already play on the worst everything audio completed disabled and only have 19-20 overall processes running when I play the game which is about the minimum for running Win7 64 bit. I have already edited my notepad to 10 on the textures and I get under 10 FPS all the time and 2-5 a great deal amount of times and desync fairly often. I have around 1400 deaths in just 7 days played and most are due to insane lag and or desync. Now I'm wondering if Windows XP would run any smoother and I'm aware its no longer being updated but that has no effect on someone like me. I have already tried everything I could I have my windows set to Classic and end explorer.exe before I open the game and end the Themes service too. Now does anybody else play with a computer very similar to my hardware too or no? And would windows XP even run a little better and overall use less resources than Win7 so I would be able to run this game better?

yes. WIN XP will impose lesser processing load on the system compared to WIN7.

I feel sorry for you, hence, please follow my suggestion if you were to reduce your lag and improve gameplay.

1. Upgrade your RAM capacity from 2gb to 4gb. Also, ask for gaming RAM/faster frequency RAM about 1333MHz. This should help you largely.

2. If you have the money too, opt to change your processor. since yours is a single core, I advice for you to change your processor to a better one.

3. Change your graphic card to a higher spec.

4. See if POE is compatible with Window XP and if it does, change your operating system to Window XP instead of Window 7.

5. Download a gamebooster software or simply google for Razer gamebooster. It will improve your gameplay when activated.

6. Just get a new brand computer thats better than your current one. All steps listed above can be ignored if you took this step.
Race? Season points? Nah. Not my thing.
Last edited by SicariusOblente on Oct 17, 2014, 11:37:32 PM
Yeah thanks right now I'm saving up for probably just a new desktop since they seem to be a great deal cheaper than laptops of the same specs. I'm gonna try out XP after I install it and I already tried razor game booster. I already do what razor game booster does but instead I do it manually but I will test it out again before I install XP. And I messed with some other things that might help it run better. I just want to at least be around 20 FPS for me would be so good compared to under 10 and 2-5 a lot. I get things like 30 FPS drop to 2 back to 25. My FPS lines are just up down up down up down basically the whole time I'm fighting and a lot too just freeze up for 2-8 seconds probably and boom dead.
nvm~
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Oct 17, 2014, 11:53:34 PM
I am downloading the game right now I installed Windows XP Professional SP3 and I'm gonna test it out once its done. I'm gonna play on worst everything audio disabled notepad texture changed to 10 also and see if my lag happens even a little less. That alone would make me so happy if not oh well I like Windows XP way better and so far its running way smoother than Windows 7 ever did for me.
"
I am downloading the game right now I installed Windows XP Professional SP3 and I'm gonna test it out once its done. I'm gonna play on worst everything audio disabled notepad texture changed to 10 also and see if my lag happens even a little less. That alone would make me so happy if not oh well I like Windows XP way better and so far its running way smoother than Windows 7 ever did for me.

The biggest problem with Windows XP is that it is 32-bit (unless you use the really crappy and unstable XP 64). 32-bit has memory limitation issues and you might actually be worse off than if you use Win7 64-bit but optimize it properly.

Win7 64-bit is a better OS than all the others as far as Windows is concerned (in my opinion). I'm not sure why anyone suggested you use WinXP since it is KNOWN to have issues because of the 32-bit memory limitation.
Go to your documents folder, then find "my games"->"Path of Exile"-->open file "production_Config" in Notepad.

Then find the line "texture_quality" and change the number there... 0=best quality and it goes atleast to 20=worst quality.

Ofc disable shadows.
d:-D*
Thought 10 was max im gonna try 20 doubt itd have much effect changing it from 3 to 10 didn't really effect it much and yes shadows vsync everything is disabled audio too everything. I have dealt with under 10 FPS in games for years now on the lowest all settings and after installing Windows XP and freeing up my memory the lag is still the same so I guess its more cause of my processor. Act 3 and maps are omega laggy maps are the worst or at least all the 70+ ones I have done they all go to waste when I use them since I go to 2FPS all the time and it spikes 20 fps down to 2 for 5 seconds then I'm dead. I even shoot before I even attempt to go in a room for a good amount of time but it doesn't always work. I guess one day I will need to get another processor or computer in general when I can afford one but for now I gotta get pwned. If anybody knows any other things you can tell me but I have tried about everything over the years in order to be able to play and pwn hard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info