Tormented Temptress

I want the stuff the guy who designed this boss is smoking.

PRETTY PLEASE...

not that she hits hard or anything, i was never even under half my ES, but fucking hell.. ive spent 45 mins chasing her around, until i finally gave up, and i raged more than all of my RIPs combined in this league...

srsly, wtf is this s**t
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2023, 12:41:35 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Outplayed.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
She seems pretty stupid, perhaps temporal chains can get her to stop being so evasive, somethings ggg setup simply dont seem much fun to me. I was on a time limit so had to quit after 10 mins of not getting her with my slow rf guy and fast incinerate toon.
A boss with a slightly different attack pattern that I can't jump on and one-shot like everything else? What was GGG thinking!
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
With some skills like Flameblast, this boss seems like a huge troll attempt from GGG. Esp. because she does like 0 damage. She needs a vaal skill or sth that goes off every now and then and can be manually dodged so that she can actually kill the players that fail to kill her.
So, is there anybody out there who managed to kill her ?

I've tried several times but always unsuccesfully (but I didn't die a single time), this is the ONLY regular map boss in the game that my level 93 arc witch can't kill... Even with my ultrafast teleport and arc casting speed @25k dps, I can't kill her because she keeps teleporting around.

If there's a trick, i'd like to know what it is.

Or maybe it's simply a joke... or a poorly designed map boss.

In any case, a fix is really needed.

EDIT : Just after typing this message, I insisted a bit. I finally managed to kill her pretty quickly because at some point she somehow got stuck between me and a wall, and couldn't teleport away. I just had to keep mouse button pressed and facetank her until she dies.

Poor map boss design, really...
Last edited by FNX_Heroes on Jan 2, 2015, 7:19:51 PM
I did, in 1.2. Tried to puncture her with traps but all that aoe destroyed them. So I took out the trap gem and just shot her with puncture when up close.

The idea is nice, good to see something else than just another monster that goes nuts on you when it sees you.

Edit: no, please, don't change her. She mocks "all you need is to spam this one skill" builds and players, incetivising them to think instead. This is great. Give her more means to do that please.
Last edited by mammoth_hunter on Jan 3, 2015, 7:14:12 AM
"
Sa_Re wrote:
With some skills like Flameblast, this boss seems like a huge troll attempt from GGG. Esp. because she does like 0 damage. She needs a vaal skill or sth that goes off every now and then and can be manually dodged so that she can actually kill the players that fail to kill her.

I am particularly intrigued by this boss BECAUSE she seems so non-threatening. All of the challenges in this game boil down to one thing usually: your character can die instantly. It's nice to see a boss that finally challenges players in ways other than bullshit damage output.

+1 for a good designed mob GGG, imo
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
This boss is annoying as fuck, but doable.
I managed to kill her with ~6k dps glacial cascade.
After few minutes of trying to corner her against wall (she uses flicker to escape and runs away) i came up with good strategy.

Just get in screen range with her and stand next to the one of corners of arena facing wall with your back, she will flicker behind you and trap herself in the corner giving you free time to dps.

After ~5 sec she will use flicker again and escape, just do the same trick to trap her again.

Using anti-curse and anti-freeze flasks as soon as you trap her is good way to increase your dps.

And that she does no damage isn't true, sometimes she can shotgun you with that arctic breath aoe for like 5k dmg (I have 75% cold res and 7,6k life)

BTW she dropped shitload of items for me.

I use flicker strike on my alt easiest boss ever, my main is arc witch with ~450 increased cast speed, I can't even hit her, so yea it's pretty build specific but the worst part is that the latency between you and server and the Proxy shield mechanic... those two together just don't work out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info