Chaos Damage need to hit a lot harder.

Uh. No. All that does is make it a 4th resist that is REQUIRED to max out. And frankly, there isn't enough room on gear for all the shit you need.

The invasion boss in sewers is a good example.

Right now, you can mostly plan and keep some alternate gear for tough chaos bosses. That's enough of a hassle.

making chaos damage even worse is a terrible idea
Bad idea.

Some players deal with chaos through resistance, some through high leech / regen.

Making chaos damage worse (= on the same killer level as elem. damage) would mean less build diversity & even shittier itemization, as everyone would need ta max it out through gear.

Yes, I roll with -60, but always carry around this, for special encounters:

With chaos you have the option to risk (even your gameplay prowess counts - manually avoiding poison clouds / bombs), while with elem. damage its: capped resists or gtfo.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Oct 18, 2014, 12:40:23 PM
Chaos damage is much like magic damage in d2. There are very few dangerous encounters with those but when you run into them it hurts.

Anyone remember the magic damage snakes in d2 when heading for that corpse explosion boss?
He was below pindleskin.
Scary moments.

I think it's good the way it is. If i'm allowed to give feedback in your thread =)
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 18, 2014, 10:40:39 PM
Chaos damage is balanced around having no resists. That's also why chaos resists are so rare on gear and most builds forgo getting any at all. It's also unblockable/undodgable damage so it is powerful in its own way.

It has special mechanics tied to it such as going through energy shield, enabling bloodrage usage and being tied to some uniques(chaos degen chest/potion).

"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Seems like you guys corrected "cold"... merville rocks but chaos resist is still a afterthought in this game. I see GG build guides doing uber with -60 chaos. Should be impossible to do that. Make Chaos hit way harder.

which is why many players are asking to re-balance the block thingy in the game.

Yea chaos damage needs to hit way harder for those who have negative penalty on chaos resist.

Didn't you quit?
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
"
Alros wrote:
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Seems like you guys corrected "cold"... merville rocks but chaos resist is still a afterthought in this game. I see GG build guides doing uber with -60 chaos. Should be impossible to do that. Make Chaos hit way harder.

which is why many players are asking to re-balance the block thingy in the game.

Yea chaos damage needs to hit way harder for those who have negative penalty on chaos resist.

Didn't you quit?

People who ''quit'' don't really quit there like I'M DOING I WILL DO IT MAYBE NOT NOW MAYBE NOT LATER BUT SOON!

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
+1 for simply removing chaos resist, both from players and mobs (and then rebalance the chaos damage).
The whole concept of "chaos damage" is flawed by the ability to resist it.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
+1
But not the Jungle Valley boss, I can barely survive her with my no shav/solaris low lifer with maxed chaos res. She's in a perfect spot if you ask me. Maybe could use a bit of a nerf even considering double boss mod exists.
IGN: Smegacore

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info