please GGG, for the love of god, fix Strongboxes

Yes, I just RIPed to a strongbox in Beyond.
Yes, to the "usual" client-freeze when opening it.
But I'm not angry. I'm frustrated.

Was doing great in Beyond. Managed to solo a boss as a 90% self-found melee. So proud of myself.
So proud, I'm certain I could take the beasties coming out of that box - if I was actually given a fighting chance.

It is something you are probably aware of since you added boxes to the game, GGG.
Please, make their technical performance a priority for an upcoming patch.
Please.

EDIT:

@GGG. please read and respond

I assume initially a Strongbox simply holds a client-side string "box properties" descriptor.
this explains the fact re-rolling a box with orbs is pretty much instant. players are simply re-generating a string with some localized RNG on the client side.

when a box is opened, the descriptor is sent to the server - which generates the actual contents, then simultaneously communicates the result back to the client for loading, and runs the simulation.

if this is true, it means that in many (most?) cases whatever is in that box will get a few "free hits" on the players before those have a chance to respond.
regardless of player hardware quality and connection quality (unless both are absolutely perfect).
hits that can be fatal.

if I am correct, can this be changed, as a concept?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 18, 2014, 12:53:44 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
While there is no disputing the performance issues, you do have a fighting chance, and there exist options to counter the issues.

Noblesse oblige
"
While there is no disputing the performance issues, you do have a fighting chance, and there exist options to counter the issues.

I'm sorry, but no. If I have to go to the options menu to tone down the graphics just to not die within a second of freeze it's simply unacceptable.
What affixes did the box have?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"

You know that 99% of PoE population have this issue even with SSD right?
"
Jojas wrote:
"

I'm sorry, but no. If I have to go to the options menu to tone down the graphics just to not die within a second of freeze it's simply unacceptable.

The whole point is that you dont have to do that.

Trust me I play on a toaster-potato hybrid as well, I get 0.5-3 sec 0 FPS drops when opening boxes, pop a Jade or Granite and Smoke Mine or LW away and survive 95% of the time, I classify that as a fighting chance.
Noblesse oblige
"
Trust me I play on a toaster-potato hybrid as well, I get 0.5-3 sec 0 FPS drops when opening boxes, pop a Jade or Granite and Smoke Mine or LW away and survive 95% of the time, I classify that as a fighting chance.

95% is not Hardcore.
"
RogueMage wrote:
"

95% is not Hardcore.

huh?
Noblesse oblige
He means even a 1% chance to die to technical issues (as opposed to player error) is unacceptable for HC. How many strong boxes do you need to open before the client lags behind and the server doesn't receive the command to teleport away in time?

Come on, I'm about as casual as they come and even I know that ^-^
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Johnkeys dies to X something then makes a thread about it wanting it to be nerfed what a surprise.
I love teddy bears.
Last edited by Stygian_Doll on Oct 17, 2014, 6:54:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info