my first Beyond boss fight

"
"
jdilly23 wrote:
Woah a thread where johnkeys isnt whining about getting destroyed by trivial content? Sweet!

I think you should re-read his latest post lol

So close :(
"just for try, for see and for know"
I like Tzteosh. Hit and run.
It sucks to die to strongboxes though. Can't believe nothing has been done to reduce box lags since Ambush.
Another quality ZAP! post.
seriously guys,
how do you kill Haast, my char quite able to tank any beyond boss (except abaxoth, we never really met), but Haast, damn, my best luck is on 2nd attempt after rip on the 1st one..

revelation here please guys..??
"
onnymaru wrote:
seriously guys,
how do you kill Haast, my char quite able to tank any beyond boss (except abaxoth, we never really met), but Haast, damn, my best luck is on 2nd attempt after rip on the 1st one..

revelation here please guys..??

Anti frozen cold resistance potions with "avenger" on it (charges when crit) and a lot of sustain.

The problem is his AOE ice spear nova that will crit a melee character in the face old-shotgunning style.
Also equipping the +5 cold resistance shield does a lot.(forgot it's name)

Don't feel bad though, hes the second hardest encounter next to abaxoth as far as beyond bosses go.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Also equipping the +5 cold resistance shield does a lot.(forgot it's name)

Kaltenhalt grants +5% maximum cold resistance

And, as is my usual habit, I am about to spew forth a huge messy jumble of calculations that nobody asked for.
Assuming no flask:
0.25/0.2 = You take 25% more damage without Kaltenhalt than with.

Assuming default cold flask:
0.15/0.1 = You take 50% more damage without Kaltenhalt than with.

Assuming default cold flask and lv. 20 Purity of Ice:
0.11/0.06 = You take 83.3% more damage without Kaltenhalt than with.

Assuming Witch Flask Effect Nodes cold flask and lv. 23 Purity of Ice:
0.07/0.02 = You take 250% more damage without Kaltenhalt than with.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Oct 29, 2015, 12:39:12 PM
just like with many other things PoE, beyond bosses really depend on your build imo

haast is challenging because

1) he does significant cold damage which can freeze/chill
2) people in generally don't treat cold damage as seriously as other damage(aside from bloodlines start when orb of the frozen RIPd many) and don't run respective purity/overcap cold res. I dont blame em tho
3) his significant cold damage is mostly spells

if you have a hard counter for some of the things he does, he isnt very tough imo

for example, my incinerator block toon in 1msc. 75% spell block, pop a vaal grace, curse him with enfeeble and I can facetank him. a cold res flask can go a long way as well, I dont use it, but on other builds its a godsend. having one of your pots be remove freeze also helps.

the funniest thing is bameth is actually much tougher for this block incinerator. curse immune, does good phys damage with split arrow, the desecrate hits hard in vuln maps and you're forced to be on the move a lot.
"
grepman wrote:
just like with many other things PoE, beyond bosses really depend on your build imo

2) people in generally don't treat cold damage as seriously as other damage(aside from bloodlines start when orb of the frozen RIPd many) and don't run respective purity/overcap cold res. I dont blame em tho

if you have a hard counter for some of the things he does, he isnt very tough imo

for example, my incinerator block toon in 1msc. 75% spell block, pop a vaal grace, curse him with enfeeble and I can facetank him. a cold res flask can go a long way as well, I dont use it, but on other builds its a godsend. having one of your pots be remove freeze also helps.

the funniest thing is bameth is actually much tougher for this block incinerator. curse immune, does good phys damage with split arrow, the desecrate hits hard in vuln maps and you're forced to be on the move a lot.

is bameth are the one which summons many gigantic zombies.?
whos swinging huge ass 2h sword.?
or is that naem..??

i've been tanking him couple of times, barely ripped of course, but just barely.
rumi's really godsend for my build tho...

anyway, thx for the reply guys,
i've been making inciner tank in this 1m league, now focusing on adding block chance as well as spell block.
any sugestion.?
Last edited by onnymaru on Oct 30, 2015, 12:17:48 AM
"
onnymaru wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

is bameth are the one which summons many gigantic zombies.?
whos swinging huge ass 2h sword.?
or is that naem..??

i've been tanking him couple of times, barely ripped of course, but just barely.
rumi's really godsend for my build tho...

anyway, thx for the reply guys,
i've been making inciner tank in this 1m league, now focusing on adding block chance as well as spell block.
any sugestion.?

bameth is a guy with the bow. uses split arrow/desecrate/detonate dead and zombies. and hes curse immune.

naem has the big sword and does leap slam/skellies. but no zombies :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info