blocking is not mythical absorption

No you don't.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
GodKas wrote:

Yes you do in real life lol

Yes, lets apply real life logic to the game just for shield when there is even more unrealistic things in the game. /sarcasm
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
GodKas wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
GodKas wrote:

If you block attack by shield, you take damage of course

No you don't.

Yes you do in real life lol

No.
If you get hit with a sword it cuts you, if your shield gets hit with a sword it shakes your arm...
"
=X

agree. block should be nerfed
Race? Season points? Nah. Not my thing.
"

Massive plot twist, SicariusOblente want's something nerfed.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"

Massive plot twist, SicariusOblente want's something nerfed.

Peace,

-Boem-

Don't worry guys, Boem says it's balanced so /thread.

Peace,

-Papercut-
"
Don't worry guys, Boem says it's balanced so /thread.

Peace,

-Papercut-

I am open to counter arguments but from an xp/hour and farm/hour perspective, yes it is.

You sacrifice both for an extra layer of defense. Usually at the cost of 30+- skill points, which only becomes a higher cost the higher level you are.

Peace,

-Boem-
30 points are needed when one wants to max block

but what is really strong is 'no investment' block - ~40-50% block chance can be obtained with a shield and ~5nodes. sure - it is a lot weaker than 75% block but it is absurdly strong for almost no cost. there is no drawback to it, no real cost, no build limitation

40-50% attacks REMOVED from the survivability equation. pretty damn good deal for 'penalty' of holding a shield and few nodes (some of these nodes have other stats too, so oh well..)

as long as block is a no cost (dont mention the irrelevant block stun) damage REMOVAL it will remain OP. same as immortal call - 100% removal cannot be properly balanced and ggg isnt even trying

Potato,

-Sid
Last edited by sidtherat on Oct 18, 2014, 1:00:46 PM
@sidtherat,

I understand your point and it's a fair one, one can indeed invest minimally in block and still gain a benefit from it.

However, block get's exponentially better the more you invest in it, just like max resist's.

Also saying it removes 40%/50% of all damage in a fighting situation is a wrong assessment imo, block has no entropy system, it is bound to fail at one point or another in time.

It's more fair to say it has a chance to eliminate 40/50% of all incoming damage.

The same holds true at 75% btw. the chance is always there you roll that 25% for 20 attacks in a row, nothing prevents this from happening. I believe this is one of the reasons why block is kept the way it is, because it is not fail-proof at any point, even after massive investment.

Now if it had an entropy system like evasion....

Also your response left me wondering, if a minimal investment block scenario is as OP as you suggest it to be
then why do people prefer to invest in other nodes rather then block after 80/90 points utilized on non-block focused builds. Build forums should be filled with builds like this then, utilizing 40/50% block?
Honest question btw.

Peace,

-Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info