Arctic Armor needs recast every time

I think this is very annoying bug, as you need to recast sustained Arctic Armor every instance change.

If I manage to have constant AA on by having enough mana regen (which is not easy), why should I recast it every 2min?

It just feel wrong, like recasting every active aura when changing instances.

Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It's not a bug. It's a buff, not an aura. Just like Righteous Fire.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I understand that, but still don't see the reason why game don't remember the state when changing instances.

If I make build based around sustaining these buffs (in both ways not easy to achieve, at least for AA lvl 10+), why are we punished with annoying activation on instance change?
It is just annoying, and I see no reason why that shouldn't be changed.
btw, some auto-attack toggle would be nice.. an how about auto-pickup of currency, unique, rares..

it is annyoing having to click all the buttons all of the time

seriously mate, it has 0,5s cast time :/
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Oct 17, 2014, 8:53:16 AM
"
Ludvator wrote:
btw, some auto-attack toggle would be nice.. an how about auto-pickup of currency, unique, rares..

imo he's not completely wrong, my guess is that arctic armor auto deactivation or the fail to recast it after a instance change is death reason number 1 (or 2) among casters.

i even bought the aa microtransaction to have a optical feedback whether it's on or not.
"
Ludvator wrote:

I don't see any connection with currency and items autopickup and with AA recasting.

Your comment is on the same level like if I tell you to manually recast all auras on instance change, because game made it to simple for you.

Casting time is not the problem, but cronus gave you the answer what is.

tempest shield is a buff too and it stays between areas now
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
It's a permanent buff anyway and having to recast serves no purpose at all and is just annoying.
"
RestInPieces wrote:
It's a permanent buff anyway
No, it isn't. AA is fundamentally not permanent, unlike Auras and Tempest Shield. It lasts until a set criteria is met, like Righteous Fire.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 24, 2014, 9:21:19 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
RestInPieces wrote:
It's a permanent buff anyway
No, it isn't. AA is fundamentally not permanent, unlike Auras and Tempest Shield. It lasts until a set criteria is met, like Righteous Fire.

And just like Righteous Fire, builds that use the skill, make sure they can have it on 100% of the time (barring map mods, etc).
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Oct 25, 2014, 11:47:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info