Melee is hardmode

"
iMbaQ wrote:
I am finding CI reave to be ridiculous. 10k plus ES and 200k DPS. If you guy's haven't tried it, play reave with conc effect and use a 4L herald of ash (reduced mana, ele prolif, Inc aoe). Now enjoy crazy clearspee and all bosses are just mindlessly easymode. 85% of my DPS is phys unkike other builds (dont run hatred) so the damage really hurts.

I rather use increased area of effect when you use conc it feels like dual strike. Youll gain more dmg output by hitting more monsters anyways
"
Xtermination wrote:
"
iMbaQ wrote:
I am finding CI reave to be ridiculous. 10k plus ES and 200k DPS. If you guy's haven't tried it, play reave with conc effect and use a 4L herald of ash (reduced mana, ele prolif, Inc aoe). Now enjoy crazy clearspee and all bosses are just mindlessly easymode. 85% of my DPS is phys unkike other builds (dont run hatred) so the damage really hurts.

I rather use increased area of effect when you use conc it feels like dual strike. Youll gain more dmg output by hitting more monsters anyways, could swap to conc for bosses though
Nerf Soul Taker, BoR and life leech mechanics they said.. it won't affect melee facetankers that much they said.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
"
Xtermination wrote:
"
iMbaQ wrote:

I rather use increased area of effect when you use conc it feels like dual strike. Youll gain more dmg output by hitting more monsters anyways

The idea is to make one very large hit so it is like dual strike. This way I have a 6L for single target endgame bosses (rather than four).

Usually this means poor clear speed, but herald of ash has made this viable. There is no reason to use inc aoe on your main attack with the release of HoA. Both inc aoe and ele prolif work on HoA!

I kill one with my faux-dual strike and the whole screen burns to death. Oh it is pretty.

Conc effect is a 69% multiplier. Multpliers stack multiplicatively, so with mpd and mpd on full life, the damage loss with inc aoe instead of conc effect is crazy.

My playstyle to maximise clear times means im always casting lightning warps and whirling blades (linked to curse on hit, assaasins mark, pcoc). This results in my reave stacks resetting a lot, so the benefit of inc aoe and penalty of conc effect is drastically diminished.
ign KlearSpeed

1.3 Torment - Scion Kinetic Build Guide (HC Viable)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1146976
Last edited by iMbaQ on Oct 17, 2014, 5:19:01 AM
I have a reaver lv 87 on Beyond. Clearspeed is good, survivability is OK, but I'll never roll a melee char again.

Why?

-Desync

Due to nature of POE, there are some times when you're gonna hit air. With multistrike, you're gonna hit air 3 times. If you're tight in resources, you'll hear your char screaming "I'm low on mana!" a lot.

-DOT's will kill you

In Beyond, everytime I summon poison bugs or fire squids I need to be extra cautions because the poison cloud or flame surge + righteous fire chops your life away so fast that I need to weave through them and carry a chaos flask.

-group play you're useless

Usually I duo-party with a Arc dude or a Tornado Shot dude, and by the time I reach a pack of mobs they're all dead. Also, when things gets tough (like 2 packs of poison bugs on a small area) I'm the first one to GTFO because this scenario is super RIPy to me (consider 20-30 FPS spikes and a mess of particles effects/items on your screen).

-bosses usually favors ranged

THE TOUCH OF GOD!
"
matrodi wrote:
I have a reaver lv 87 on Beyond. Clearspeed is good, survivability is OK, but I'll never roll a melee char again.

Why?

-Desync

Due to nature of POE, there are some times when you're gonna hit air. With multistrike, you're gonna hit air 3 times. If you're tight in resources, you'll hear your char screaming "I'm low on mana!" a lot.

-DOT's will kill you

In Beyond, everytime I summon poison bugs or fire squids I need to be extra cautions because the poison cloud or flame surge + righteous fire chops your life away so fast that I need to weave through them and carry a chaos flask.

Usually I duo-party with a Arc dude or a Tornado Shot dude, and by the time I reach a pack of mobs they're all dead. Also, when things gets tough (like 2 packs of poison bugs on a small area) I'm the first one to GTFO because this scenario is super RIPy to me (consider 20-30 FPS spikes and a mess of particles effects/items on your screen).

THE TOUCH OF GOD!

FLAMEBLAST AZTIRI RAWR! OH FUCK I'M MS'ING NOOOOO APATHY SAVEEE MEH

uh yeah I'm just going to pew pew you sit there dead :O

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Just use dual shield's, block is op.

Peace,

-Boem-

(I_NO with a melee, hell must be freezing over and keyboards are inbound to reach a sales spike)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
matrodi wrote:

Why?

-Desync

-DOT's will kill you

THE TOUCH OF GOD!

Go CI.

- High ES (10k plus) means burning and desync are more manageable
- Poison immune!
ign KlearSpeed

1.3 Torment - Scion Kinetic Build Guide (HC Viable)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1146976
"
iMbaQ wrote:
"
matrodi wrote:

Why?

-Desync

-DOT's will kill you

THE TOUCH OF GOD!

Go CI.

- High ES (10k plus) means burning and desync are more manageable
- Poison immune!

Doesn't help with the desync and party aspect iMbaQ mentioned. Esp. for Reave, it can be really hard to get stacks up in party play because the front monsters die to ranged attacks before I can reach them. If I manage to reach some mobs I can hit I have to pray to not be slightly out of sync so I only hit air till they are dead.
does every build have to be OP and atziri capable?
what happend to just playing for fun?
by far my favourite characer is my lvl 80 witch, because nothing feels better than punching enemies right in their face with a tiny little witch :) sure, I struggle with her in 75+ maps as my gear isn't optimal, but sooo much fun.... and blood... and bits and pieces.. and more blood... and fun!! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info