There's a big flaw in the diversity of bows.

Well I tried hopping onto the bandwagon and tried making a harbinger split chain, don't mind the diversity because its as braindead mapping to 94 as any other fotm build.

Thicket bow is just outdated with old school RoA facetanker.

Quill rain is for EA and is pretty fucking scary in PvP.

I see a bit of diversity there. but theres just this missing link, what are those Imperial bow, Ranger bow, spine bows are for? a filler so you get shitty base rares while mapping?
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
it depends on u actually. harbinger shoots much slower, i prefer faster bow.
BAck when I started everybody was using Thicket Bows... now it´s HArbinger´s... and I am quite sure, this will change too.
"Ta-Ta, not-a-cockroach"
Bows are fine. You cant use shield so its good to have high crit
"
Skyforth wrote:

Thanks for not reading.
IGN: Smegacore
Harbinger it is. I don't even look at other bows now.
Thicket was good back when elemental hit was good.
The balance is poor.
"
cyranorick wrote:
BAck when I started everybody was using Thicket Bows... now it´s HArbinger´s... and I am quite sure, this will change too.

This. The meta will change. It just changes every two leagues or so.
"
battled wrote:
What I am against is the Decimator Bow being the de facto best rare base. Nobody is using Thicket bows, nobody is using Maraketh bows, nobody uses Imperial bows. Is this truly balanced?

Harbinger vs Thicket: With same mods you will take harbinger without a doubt.

The underlying problem is crit chance/damage that problem is a global one it doesnt apply to just bows but also to daggers and every other spell/weapon that is above 5% crit chance.

Also i doubt decimation is the better base as its slower sure it can roll highger dps but its a tradeoff between raw dmg and dps(harbringer) while those two bows are balanced between each other pretty well i think the other bows are not nearly in the spot where they should be.

For example: Im missing a Bow with like low (4%) crit chance but immense flat physical damage potential (spine bow could take that niche spot for example).

Last edited by zzang on Oct 17, 2014, 10:59:08 AM
I'd also like to note how Local Crit implicit is different to all others.
Most implicits boost global stats, for example Global crit chance/multiplier, accuracy (although it's bugged, boosting only for attacks with that weapon only), stun duration and elemental/spell damage.
All of their values were small and there just for flavor. A same mod you could roll as an explicit would be 3-10x times the implicit value.
Now this mod is the first that directly modifies the local values, not only that but it's 1.5x times stronger than what you can roll. How can other bows compete with this? only way they could compete would be if they could get something like flat phys/elemental damage at least as strong as the T1 mod.
IGN: Smegacore
"
sanleon wrote:
Bows are fine. You cant use shield so its good to have high crit

2 handed melee cant use shield and they are shit compared to bows lol
Race? Season points? Nah. Not my thing.
Last edited by SicariusOblente on Oct 17, 2014, 12:21:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info