Length of next Sig

"
mallow wrote:
turns out it's 2 hours

But not turbo, unfortunately. At least its fixed.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Oct 22, 2014, 7:19:01 AM
Oh and the season is that short so only nolifers can assemble 1000 points. 33% less time justify 60% less rewards.
Good start to kill races to put them on an indefinite hiatus

Rewards:
10 Lifesprig(again?)/Fencoil
40 Ruby Ring
100 Pyre
200 Rumi's Concotion(Is it even alt art?)
500 Bringer of Rain
1000 The Anvil/Marlenes Felacy.
So what is this then? A Docks race? Looking at people's test run results (1:50-2:00 hour Dominus kill) there is almost no way progressing to Cruel will be worth it. Even if it's fixed seed, you can maybe substract 10 to 15 minutes from that.. so what?

Well maybe I'm wrong, but the problem is that Act1 Cruel really has no consistently good farming zone, so you would be at the mercy of totally random mob density. I doubt anyone can make it to Cruel Sins in time for it to be worth it.

Really strange imo.

Also, Famine is just an unecessary pain in the ass for all non-leap slam classes, constantly running low quickilver charges upon resetting farming zones will not only be a huge nuisance but advantage leap slam classes for really no sensitive reason.

I always thought of famine as being just annoying rather than challenging or difficult and I'm sure most people would agree with that actually.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Oct 22, 2014, 7:55:34 AM
"
SlixSC wrote:
So what is this then? A Docks race? Looking at people's test run results (1:50-2:00 hour Dominus kill) there is almost no way progressing to Cruel will be worth it. Even if it's fixed seed, you can maybe substract 10 to 15 minutes from that.. so what?

Well maybe I'm wrong, but the problem is that Act1 Cruel really has no consistently good farming zone, so you would be at the mercy of totally random mob density. I doubt anyone can make it to Cruel Sins in time for it to be worth it.

Really strange imo.

Also, Famine is just an unecessary pain in the ass for all non-leap slam classes, constantly running low quickilver charges upon resetting farming zones will not only be a huge nuisance but advantage leap slam classes for really no sensitive reason.

I always thought of famine as being just annoying rather than challenging or difficult and I'm sure most people would agree with that actually.

Yeah its a docks race...
Tell GGG to boost levels in A1 Cruel and add a fast way to get to Piety.

Aka:No solaris, no sewers, no crematorium.

Like 3% of all races didn't end in docks and 70% were party.
"
Rithz wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

Really strange imo.

Yeah its a docks race...

We get some alone time with our new buddy the cyclone dog.
Just did a quick run to cruel to test things a little...

i did a 1h vaal kill at lvl22 which is pretty bad but im pretty rusty so... meh
i killed dom at 1h49m lvl 30, no double qs despite finding 2 chemist boxes. 15ms from vaal, no ms before that

there's a lot of running in act3 so on a fixed seed you might achieve a ~1h35 dom kill.
then you take around 5m to get to cruel ledge which would give you 4 cruel ledge splits.

imho, there's no way that shit is worth it. cruel ledge splits are only slightly better than docks in my experience and you lose so much xp just progressing act3.

the fact that its famine makes it worse to progress, less qs charges and killing bosses is slightly slower.
in my test run, dom wasn't a huge pain without tp'ing to town but running sceptre without being able to tp is so fucking slow... doesn't help they added freeze pulse dudes to an already cancer zone :x

also, they added goats to cruel ledge making things even worse because they destroy your fire traps.

especially for casters, where im pretty sure, farming docks for that long, fire trap might be able to start 1shotting blues when you reach high enough lvl.

unless there's a zone like catacombs or somethin with amazing shrines, i predict a ~55m docks farm which is ResidentSleeper...

i've said in the past that it's hard to balance the length of a sig because you want to have enough time to normalize the mob density in your farming splits but you don't want people to fall asleep farming the same zone forever.
i think ~30m (6 splits) of farming is a good number, which would mean a 95m sig.

personally, the sig is too long for me but if i had to choose between being too long or too short, i prefer too long based on recent sigs...
Last edited by tagpt on Oct 22, 2014, 8:51:07 AM
"
tagpt wrote:
Just did a quick run to cruel to test things a little...

i did a 1h vaal kill at lvl22 which is pretty bad but im pretty rusty so... meh
i killed dom at 1h49m lvl 30, no double qs despite finding 2 chemist boxes. 15ms from vaal, no ms before that

there's a lot of running in act3 so on a fixed seed you might achieve a ~1h35 dom kill.
then you take around 5m to get to cruel ledge which would give you 4 cruel ledge splits.

imho, there's no way that shit is worth it. cruel ledge splits are only slightly better than docks in my experience and you lose so much xp just progressing act3.

the fact that its famine makes it worse to progress, less qs charges and killing bosses is slightly slower.
in my test run, dom wasn't a huge pain without tp'ing to town but running sceptre without being able to tp is so fucking slow... doesn't help they added freeze pulse dudes to an already cancer zone :x

also, they added goats to cruel ledge making things even worse because they destroy your fire traps.

especially for casters, where im pretty sure, farming docks for that long, fire trap might be able to start 1shotting blues when you reach high enough lvl.

unless there's a zone like catacombs or somethin with amazing shrines, i predict a ~55m docks farm which is ResidentSleeper...

i've said in the past that it's hard to balance the length of a sig because you want to have enough time to normalize the mob density in your farming splits but you don't want people to fall asleep farming the same zone forever.
i think ~30m (6 splits) of farming is a good number, which would mean a 95m sig.

personally, the sig is too long for me but if i had to choose between being too long or too short, i prefer too long based on recent sigs...

im also looking forward to farming docks for 1hour my friend. turns out that getting 1k points is much harder this season. sadly its probably worst reward for whole season.
Last edited by janimauk on Oct 22, 2014, 11:51:09 AM
@Tag - only way Cruel would be worth it imo is doing Tidal Island which is 38 compared to ledge which is 37 and requires more progression. Even then I can't see it being worth it
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Well at least the 1k reward has value to match the nolifing needed to acquire it.

Cant tell yet if the per-event points thresholds have been raised though, could be wrong about the nolifing part if so.
IGN: KoTao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info