catarina missions are easily the most annoying

Just an opinion of course. However, they annoy me so much I am tempted to never do another one again.

The minions move too slow already, then they want to turn around and fight the skeletons that pop up?

They desync the most out of all the master missions.

I find them the least challenging with the most annoyance. I have to lead them from off screen, but have to keep them in a sweet spot or they won't follow.

Rant over.
<3 Free Tibet <3
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
catarina mission + skeletons + doors

the dream
They take too long. And screw the one that requires you to find the totem somewhere in the map. Worst master missions by a mile.
+1

But remember, if possible, to not kill the skelli summoning minions till they reach the totem so they won't attack the skeletons
Tortoise vs Hare. I like her missions... but then I don't like running though an area without checking every corner for pots/crates and checking each item for stats.

I hate the timed missions where you're expected to rush through areas without even looking at what you're running past. Blech.
I like Catarina missions, just clear the map and find the totem before you even talk to her. Haku on the other hand, I don't even talk to him anymore.
While I agree that Catarina's missions can be annoying as hell, what with not being able to move 3 steps before yet another swarm of cannon fodder spawns, her's aren't the worst. Zana sending me into a level 73 Palace with the goal of killing Dom and only 40 seconds to do it is, by far, more annoying.

Granted, Cat's may be the most consistently annoying, but they degree of annoyance pales in comparison to some of Zana's.
"
Thaelyn wrote:
While I agree that Catarina's missions can be annoying as hell, what with not being able to move 3 steps before yet another swarm of cannon fodder spawns, her's aren't the worst. Zana sending me into a level 73 Palace with the goal of killing Dom and only 40 seconds to do it is, by far, more annoying.

Granted, Cat's may be the most consistently annoying, but they degree of annoyance pales in comparison to some of Zana's.

If you kill stuff, the timer increases.
I doubt that every char/build can kill fast enough there to make use of it... Best thing you can find in such situations is a 'bringer of bones' rare ^^ And I doubt even more that you have chances to kill other stuff while facing dominus himself.

for the OP: the back-and-force and seeking can be annoying indeed, but thats not always the case and most areas in 'started' mission (not random found) are relative small.
Beside this, I think at least some of the masters should offer a not-so-high challenge, but doable on more or less average 'skill' level. And: her (and also Tora's) missions do scale in difficulty on higher levels. Not always uber hard, but reliable. I think thats fine.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
Thaelyn wrote:

If you kill stuff, the timer increases.

I am well aware of that, but I haven't a build that can kill fast enough to complete this mission, hence it is annoying as hell.

I can do the map, I just can't do it fast enough. A pack of a dozen mobs that, with a better build, would net me a 10 second timer increase, ultimately results in a net loss of time due to my clear speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info