Level 8 Masters only via Master-Hunting-Parties?

I am dreading the next temp league master grind. I think they need to change up some stuff for masters in temp leagues. Nobody is going to be thrilled going through that grind again.
"
SorakPoE wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Why is that not realistic? The bonus on survivability should have a drawback. There are experience leechers in party play (probably).

Whatever, I'll try to adress the difficulty scaling issue because you seem to have your opinion about the experience scaling. If difficulty is adressed properly, experience can be left as it is.

One non trivial way to adjust this would be to make more likely multiple projectiles or AOE with monsters when in a party. Masters could have party specific variants that require to be organized (for example: a Vorici's time limited mission with 6 objectives that are far away for a full party, having to retrieve many spirits from Haku, many relics for Elreon, having to defend the flesh tower and scorting the summons for Catarina, Vagan spamming Vaal skills, Tora making you track many nests at the same time, etc.).

It's not realistic because GGG will never go for it. Mechanics that make it strictly inferior for parties to do something are not something they have supported in the past and are incredibly unlikely to go for in the future.

Besides, the point of this thread, and the reason why solo-ing is bad for Masters has nothing to do with the difficulty of the missions. It has to do with the fact that grouping allows you to get more missions, and having the missions be harder wouldn't solve the issue at all.

Wait, wasn't the Apex of Sacrifice a counter example to that? (I don't know, most people doing Atziri do it solo or that seems).

If you don't want a difficulty increase, then the only way to make fairer the situation is an experience split. More missions with less experience means the same experience, or at least, less difference.

I'd rather go with difficulty, so parties are slowed down and solo players don't feel screwed. So grouping is discouraged unless you are prepared for that. Risk reward.

Remember, rules are to be broken, and party players are pretty advantaged to complain about a experience nerf or difficulty increase.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Oct 18, 2014, 7:14:20 PM
Sure, most people do Atziri solo but it's not because it's inherently penalizing to do it in groups. It just so happens that the mechanics of the fight are such that doing it in groups doesn't really add survivability so people who can do it would rather have the lower boss HP. There were, however, several duos that were very successful at doing Uber in Ambush (Flubby/Iski and Jake/Chunda) so it's not as if groups are bad for it.

I'm not really saying that I'm against a difficulty increase, but my point is that it won't help the fundamental issue at hand. The limiting factor in getting Master levels is finding Master encounters, not the time or difficulty of the quests themselves.

An experience nerf is simply not going to happen, period. I am predominantly a solo player and have had to adapt for Forsaken Masters - but it's always been clear to me that GGG wants to promote group play more than solo play and no amount of bitching by a vocal minority is going to change that.
"
SorakPoE wrote:
Sure, most people do Atziri solo but it's not because it's inherently penalizing to do it in groups. It just so happens that the mechanics of the fight are such that doing it in groups doesn't really add survivability so people who can do it would rather have the lower boss HP. There were, however, several duos that were very successful at doing Uber in Ambush (Flubby/Iski and Jake/Chunda) so it's not as if groups are bad for it.

I'm not really saying that I'm against a difficulty increase, but my point is that it won't help the fundamental issue at hand. The limiting factor in getting Master levels is finding Master encounters, not the time or difficulty of the quests themselves.

An experience nerf is simply not going to happen, period. I am predominantly a solo player and have had to adapt for Forsaken Masters - but it's always been clear to me that GGG wants to promote group play more than solo play and no amount of bitching by a vocal minority is going to change that.

If groups don't help in survivability with Atziri, then that means at least we have a choice. That seems like a good example of balancing party play and solo play, the people who do that choose it because they wanted.

Who knows about group play promotion, GGG is not vocal about it. With that criteria I would say they promote ranged, critical damage builds, best in slot uniques and RMT.

About the experience penalty...it would be at least a good idea for that to apply to daily missions. It counters the whole idea of specialization in a master if one can play in a party to cover one weakness, or if one can leech a high level daily mission. What's stronger? Party play favouritism or making masters work as intended?
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Oct 18, 2014, 9:58:25 PM
"
SorakPoE wrote:

To me grinding Masters in groups isn't something I would call 'group play'...it's more like soloing with 5 other people together.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info