Level 8 Masters only via Master-Hunting-Parties?

"
SorakPoE wrote:
Yeah, pretty much you are right OP. Getting Masters to 8 during a 3 month challenge league while playing entirely solo is pretty difficult unless you are optimizing your play for getting Master rep and playing a lot.

The thing is, it's really damn easy to get rep much faster though. For every Master you find in the wild (at least in maps) you can probably hop on a rotation via global 820 and get 6x the rep. As Chunda said, it doesn't make much sense to balance a challenge based on the pure solo experience because otherwise it would be too damn easy for people willing to group to get it done.

Meh, proper experience/difficulty scaling for master quests would make things fairer. It doesn't have to be this way.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
People want 8/8 challengers handed to them on a silver platter or something.

YOU choose to gimp yourself by playing solo, so it's understandable that it's going to take you longer to get the luxury that is Lvl 8. Everything you would ever need is at Lvl 7 which is perfectly reasonable to obtain.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
SorakPoE wrote:
Yeah, pretty much you are right OP. Getting Masters to 8 during a 3 month challenge league while playing entirely solo is pretty difficult unless you are optimizing your play for getting Master rep and playing a lot.

The thing is, it's really damn easy to get rep much faster though. For every Master you find in the wild (at least in maps) you can probably hop on a rotation via global 820 and get 6x the rep. As Chunda said, it doesn't make much sense to balance a challenge based on the pure solo experience because otherwise it would be too damn easy for people willing to group to get it done.

Meh, proper experience/difficulty scaling for master quests would make things fairer. It doesn't have to be this way.

Please suggest an actual way to do this without hand-waving. Also, if your solution is 'give a reputation penalty for groups' then don't bother; while I'm not the biggest proponent of group play out there, that's not realistic at all.
Eh I don't know... I play almost exclusively solo and have Vagan and Haku at 1/3 to level 8. I never participate in daily rotations even when asked, and really just play maps normally without any focus on masters. I also play very lazily and inefficiently compared to most people I think, despite being logged in a lot.

I think someone who plays solo and commits a fair amount of time into the game can realistically expect to get one or two masters to level 8 by the end of a league. It's not just going to be handed to you but.... why should it be?
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
I hope they at least reduce the xp needed to lvl 8, I also have two chars 85 & 87 but most of my masters are lvl 6 while two are lvl 7, vagan is like lvl 5 still. I do dailies everyday but I dont really do all these sharing rotation stuff people do (tried a few times never got a inv nor response), thus I play solo mostly.
Closed Beta Member.
"
Kenzorz wrote:
People want 8/8 challengers handed to them on a silver platter or something.
I wasnt talking about finishing the masters-challenge at all.

When the dailies would be more effective (just for the hideout-player) you would get SOME not all masters level 8, but at least there would be a level 8 too reach, you still had to decide on which masters you would focus.
Of course there is a curve where dailies give more points later on, but that increase is nothing (at least at level 7, perhaps level 6) compared to the curve of points needed.
"
SorakPoE wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
SorakPoE wrote:

Please suggest an actual way to do this without hand-waving. Also, if your solution is 'give a reputation penalty for groups' then don't bother; while I'm not the biggest proponent of group play out there, that's not realistic at all.

Why is that not realistic? The bonus on survivability should have a drawback. There are experience leechers in party play (probably).

Whatever, I'll try to adress the difficulty scaling issue because you seem to have your opinion about the experience scaling. If difficulty is adressed properly, experience can be left as it is.

One non trivial way to adjust this would be to make more likely multiple projectiles or AOE with monsters when in a party. Masters could have party specific variants that require to be organized (for example: a Vorici's time limited mission with 6 objectives that are far away for a full party, having to retrieve many spirits from Haku, many relics for Elreon, having to defend the flesh tower and scorting the summons for Catarina, Vagan spamming Vaal skills, Tora making you track many nests at the same time, etc.).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Oct 17, 2014, 10:32:51 PM
yea its pretty bad, instead of being fun, just doing them in map and your own daily they are annyoing/boring if u want them lvl 8 you need to loose time for rotation daily and farm them...

If you dont share and play a LOT you can maybe get lvl7 if you really play a lot.

Lvl7-8 its to much xp, in this league lot of ppl got them lvl8 because it was for the achievment, but how many ppl will do same in next league and the next after ?

i hope they will reduce the xp in next league
Last edited by keta on Oct 18, 2014, 9:27:00 AM
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Why is that not realistic? The bonus on survivability should have a drawback. There are experience leechers in party play (probably).

Whatever, I'll try to adress the difficulty scaling issue because you seem to have your opinion about the experience scaling. If difficulty is adressed properly, experience can be left as it is.

One non trivial way to adjust this would be to make more likely multiple projectiles or AOE with monsters when in a party. Masters could have party specific variants that require to be organized (for example: a Vorici's time limited mission with 6 objectives that are far away for a full party, having to retrieve many spirits from Haku, many relics for Elreon, having to defend the flesh tower and scorting the summons for Catarina, Vagan spamming Vaal skills, Tora making you track many nests at the same time, etc.).

It's not realistic because GGG will never go for it. Mechanics that make it strictly inferior for parties to do something are not something they have supported in the past and are incredibly unlikely to go for in the future.

Besides, the point of this thread, and the reason why solo-ing is bad for Masters has nothing to do with the difficulty of the missions. It has to do with the fact that grouping allows you to get more missions, and having the missions be harder wouldn't solve the issue at all.
"
nebunelux wrote:
2-3h per day. Efficiency ftw.

I play way more than you and my max lvl master is 7.2. I feel like grinding masters is like waste your time

But you know what? Unless you are the first to get lvl8 master it doesnt matter since a lot of people offer free crafting services hehehe

So your "efficiency" is worth nothing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info