Level 8 Masters only via Master-Hunting-Parties?

Don't know if it's a design decision, but by now it's look to me like only extreme hardcore-gamers would be able to get a Master to level 8 without doing parties that share Masters while looking for them separately.

I'm close to get my 2nd Char into Rampage-Ladder (level 86 and 83), so I wouldn't define me as the usual casual...barely have two Masters on level 7 and highly doubt that one will reach level 8 before Nov 20th. I'm pretty sure I did every daily. Ok I switch Masters so didnt have the same Master in Hideout all the time, but that would be 100-150k max only for one Master. A Guildmember with level 92 char got at least 200k but it's a long way to 960k

As the league started I assumed it would be possible to get level 8 Masters solo, of course with some effort, but didnt think that effort would be like 97+ (?, just guessing)
like all things in this game , if you wants it , you needs to grinds it.

every mechanic in this game demands the unnatural farming of something.

want uniques , grind dominus
want midnights, grind instances
want masters? grind masters.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

Hence grinding gear games and not reasonably obtainable gear games :p
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
Yeah, I doubt you will get masters to 8 solo, its an insane grind. It is a challenge though, you dont need any of the masters at lvl 8 for anything really, because you can always get help from someone else who has the masters at lvl 8. This is what GGG said and I agree with it.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

But the rest I could grind solo if I want...I doubt opening a lot of lower maps and run through them on my own to stop at the masters would bring me very far

If's its a design decision...fine...just wasn't 100% certain if it is one. Especially the "get 4 Masters at level 7" change doesn't fit into that picture imho. If I'm not 'supposed' to get level 8 anyways what do I need a 4th Master for? I could just shuffle the Masters through till everyone is 7.
Last edited by Btah on Oct 16, 2014, 2:32:36 PM
It's not that hard honestly.
I play 2-3h/day and yesterday I got my first lvl 8 master.
All I did was to get in a rotation for each master EVERY day. That's it. It takes 1-1.5h to do this.

Currently I have Elreon lv 8, Tora lv 7(kicked her when she reach 7), Zana, Vorici and Catarina will get lv 7 in 2-3 days.
Thats 1 master lvl 8, and 3 masters lvl 7. Good enough for me.
And as I said, my play time is very limited... 2-3h per day. Efficiency ftw.
"
nebunelux wrote:
It's not that hard honestly.
I play 2-3h/day and yesterday I got my first lvl 8 master.
All I did was to get in a rotation for each master EVERY day. That's it. It takes 1-1.5h to do this.

Currently I have Elreon lv 8, Tora lv 7(kicked her when she reach 7), Zana, Vorici and Catarina will get lv 7 in 2-3 days.
Thats 1 master lvl 8, and 3 masters lvl 7. Good enough for me.
And as I said, my play time is very limited... 2-3h per day. Efficiency ftw.

i do the same thing , and im 500k exp on ytora 7 and 920k on elreon, i mostly dislike the daily rots because of the people who populate global 820.
Essentially challenges are balanced around there being group-play.

If a group can do challenge X 4x as fast (pretty much group speed) then it makes zero sense to balance a challenge around solo play since that challenge is going to be over in about 5 seconds.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
The last elreon level takes about two months worth of dailies so it's possible in 3-4 months of heavy solo play. Trouble is, my interest just doesn't last that long. I always burn out a month or two into the new leagues and then wait around for the next major content patch.

There shouldn't be such a huge disparity between master finding parties and doing it solo. Right now, the parties get their masters done at least 4 times as fast. They need to rework the mechanics so solo players can actually get them done in a reasonable amount of time and groups don't get it done any faster than they do currently.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Oct 17, 2014, 2:02:07 PM
Yeah, pretty much you are right OP. Getting Masters to 8 during a 3 month challenge league while playing entirely solo is pretty difficult unless you are optimizing your play for getting Master rep and playing a lot.

The thing is, it's really damn easy to get rep much faster though. For every Master you find in the wild (at least in maps) you can probably hop on a rotation via global 820 and get 6x the rep. As Chunda said, it doesn't make much sense to balance a challenge based on the pure solo experience because otherwise it would be too damn easy for people willing to group to get it done.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info