Idea for challenge next league!

'Open a door that has a monster behind it'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unexpected_hanging_paradox
Let the community design the next set of leagues, GGG has clearly given up...cough rampage cough
"just for try, for see and for know"
I'll call it Map Descent or "Inception - Zana edition" - Similar to the descent races, you start out on a level 66 map. This will be the Softcore league replacement.

-Maps remain Unidentified and of rare quality
-Map Quantity is set to 60%
-Complete the map boss to proceed to the next level map. A portal will appear taking you to the next map level.
-Once you are in Map Descent, you cannot get back in if you portal out or die.
-Map type can be pulled from the entire map pool except for Unique Maps and is not restricted by level.
-Map level caps out at 79
-Maps or orbs cannot drop while in Map Descent
-You can run Map Descent once a day.
-You have 2 hours.

Challenge's will be based on the following:

1. Kill a level 79 map boss
2. Full clear all the maps in map descent
3. Complete map descent in under 1 hour

The remaining challenges would be based on the Hardcore league (no input on that one since I haven't played it in over a year) and general challenges.

The idea is to give us more of an endgame using existing resources. I think the timed challenge would be pretty difficult to achieve (less than 5 mins per map) and give people something to strive for while being able to run maps without being stonewalled by Map RNG. You cannot build up your map pool by running this and you get 1 shot a day to get as far as you can make it in a couple hours.

Maybe this could just be a race now that I think about it. Either way, would be nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info